Missing Map marker arrow .

Misakichun

Hello, i don't know what have i done but it's been 2days that i can't find the map marker arrow , when a quest starts normally an arrow will show your destination or the place you have to go on the map , but i don't have that arrow :( :wallbash:

i don't remember what did i do :facepalm: ,

please if you know any solution for it help me please

thank you

PS: showing map marker is on in my settings .

oh and what is "tam " ? i think last time i mistakenly wrote it in the command console it did something , but don't know what it was so i can't make that effect reversed :ermm:

Edited by Misakichun

If you are using an out dated mod that edits map.swf it can cause that, I was using Map HUD Enhanced and after 1.8 patch (maybe before) the player marker and custom marker no longer shows up. "tam" stands for toggle actor movement (not entirely sure what it does), entering "help tam 0" in console will show it just page up all the way to the top (assuming this is the first console command entered).

really ? thanx , what should i do , update the hud to a newer one? :ermm:

Are you using a mod that alters the map markers? If so then uninstall it or change it to one you prefer. I use one of the optional files from this mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26440, don't like the main file that changes the HUD though, I use iHUD for that: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3222.

i used IPHUD and after updating my skyrim it happened .

thank you , i hope this will help me ;)

Edited by Misakichun

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem after doing a fresh re-install, but did not have the file .../skyrim/data/interface/map.swf so I could not delete it.

However, I was able to make the problem go away by doing two things:

1) from a prior installation's backup I copied .../skyrim/data/interface/skyui_cfg.txt into the new installation's identical folder.

(note: I installed the SkyUI mod, but for some reason, in the new installation, this file never showed up).

2) Bring up steam and from the library screen right click your mouse on the web page and select "properties", then the "Local Files" tab, then "Verify Integrity of Game cache".

It re-installed a file for two for me.

Not only did my map arrows for quests come back, but it also cured a "LOOKUP FAILED" error as well.