Mod to make humans flee while on fire

PlatinumShad0w

I think it would make pyromaniac playthroughs more enjoyable if human enemies went into the fleeing action while on fire from flame weapons like flamers, shiskebabs, incendiary ammunition and incendiary throwables.

I took a look at the script for the Flare gun from Lonesome Road that makes Abomination enemies "flee in panic" and I was wondering how hard would it be to change the script so that it applies to human enemies? Either that or an extra effect that severely debuffs human enemies confidence level (unless they're Foolhardy, a robot, a ghoul etc) so they go into the fleeing animation.

EDIT: If anyone else is interested, I changed the NVDLC04WeapFlareGunAreaEffectSCRIPT [sCPT:0400747B] for my custom Stop Drop and Roll esp in the GECK (after a quick crash course on how to load multiple masters and getting the Extender). I changed the script to the following and recompiled it. Basically I forced it to only work on humans, abominations, animals and mutated animals by having it not work if it returns 1 for robot or supermutant. And the effect is countered by Fire Resistance.

scn NVDLC04WeapFlareGunAreaEffectSCRIPT

; This script causes Humans, Animals and Mutated Animals to flee when on fire them.
; JSH 02/08/11
; JSH 05/09/11 - Added check to make sure target is alive before running AI behavior modifications.
; CES 06/10/11 - Added in flare resistence to prevent people from spamming the flaregun on targets.

Short nConfidenceRating; ; This stores the actors previous confidence rating

BEGIN ScriptEffectStart

PlayMagicShaderVisuals Flames01;
PlayMagicShaderVisuals Smoke01;

; Grab the existing confidence and store it, then set it to zero and send them fleeing
If ( GetIsCreatureType 4 == 0 ) && ( GetIsCreatureType 5 == 0 ) && ( GetIsCreatureType 6 == 0 ) && (GetActorValue Confidence > 0 ) && ( GetDead == 0 ) && (GetIsID NVCRMrHouse == 0); Human is alive and not currently a coward.

Set nConfidenceRating to (GetActorValue Confidence);

SetActorValue Confidence 0;

ShowMessage NVDLC04AbominationFearMSG;

ResetAI;

EndIf

END

BEGIN ScriptEffectFinish

StopMagicShaderVisuals Flames01;
StopMagicShaderVisuals Smoke01;

; Restore their confidence and then reset their ai
If ( GetIsCreatureType 4 == 0 ) && ( GetIsCreatureType 5 == 0 ) && ( GetIsCreatureType 6 == 0 ) && ( GetDead == 0 ) && (GetActorValue Confidence == 0 ) && (GetIsID NVCRMrHouse == 0) ; Abomination

SetActorValue Confidence nConfidenceRating;

ResetAI;

EndIf

END

I then just added this effect to all instances of burning weapons in the ESP and voila!

Try editing that mod to reduce the "Confidence" and "Aggression" of actors on fire. See "Fleeing" on the "Confidence" page of the GECKWiki as to what is involved.

(Basically, you by yourself as seen in that screenshot do not appear threatening enough if there is more than one opponent.)

-Dubious-

Ok. I made a new base effect in the GECK to "Decrease Confidence on Fire". So do I have it right that the Magnitude should be like...1000 in order for it to trigger the fleeing behavior of "fConfidenceCowardly"?