Help : Perk that add an unarmed damage to object

anb2004

I've created simple gauntlet with some knuckle head on edge. Of course you can take conclusion that it will deliver more unarmed damage than regular gauntlet or without having any enchantment on it. So i try to add this "ghost" damage thing via a script, that adding a simple perk when equiping the gauntlet.

Here are the problem, i cant seems to find a good function to add how much/percentage damage for unarmed combat at entry point. i've tried several function but it always end up over powered in game and it also affecting weapons damage as well, even tho i set it with unarmeddamage.

I'm using Mod Attack Damage as enty point.

Function that has value of Unarmeddamage

-Add Actor Value Mult

-Multiple 1 + Actor Value Mult

-Multiple Actor Value Mult

-Set Actor Value Mult

which one i should go ?

so can anyone help me, all i want is simple adding an unarmed damage to the gauntlet just like Glove of Pugilist. instead i'm doing it by adding a perk not an enchantment. quite confusing because this isn't really my teritory of modding, but i am trying to learn. so please bear with me

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Edited by ebony_ivory

As you’re already using a script anyway, why not modify the unarmed damage directly in the script. UnarmedDamage is an Actor Value accessible via the GetActorValue function and modifiable via SetActorValue or ModActorValue. This should prevent the damage increase applying to anything else.

Happy Yuletide.

Eck. :D

Thank you for replying Eckss.

yes, i would have made it with script but unfortunately i really dont know how :wallbash: ...

thats why i just modified an existed simple script (silverswordscript) and link it to my custom unarmed damage perk...

spend some time searching the nexus, trying to find mods that maybe have this similar effect so i can take closer look how it can be done, and so far i got none :(

This should work:

Scriptname EcksBrassKnucksScript extends ObjectReference  

float property UADamageAdd Auto

Event OnEquipped ( Actor akActor )
  akActor.SetActorValue ( "UnarmedDamage" , (( akActor.GetActorValue ( "UnarmedDamage" )) + UADamageAdd ) )
EndEvent

Event OnUnequipped ( Actor akActor )
  akActor.SetActorValue ( "UnarmedDamage" , (( akActor.GetActorValue ( "UnarmedDamage" )) - UADamageAdd ) )
EndEvent

Add this as a new script to your gauntlets and compile and save it. Set property UADamageAdd to the number of damage points you want to add when the gauntlets are equipped.

If you're wanting this effect to apply to a pair of gauntlets, then why not just use the same enchantment as the Gloves of the Pugilist? What is the reason for doing it differently?

of course that is the simple way, but i guess you did'nt really read my post do you ? especially this line..

I've created simple gauntlet with some knuckle head on edge. Of course you can take conclusion that it will deliver more unarmed damage than regular gauntlet or without having any enchantment on it. So i try to add this "ghost" damage thing via a script, that adding a simple perk when equiping the gauntlet.

This should work:

Scriptname EcksBrassKnucksScript extends ObjectReference  

float property UADamageAdd Auto

Event OnEquipped ( Actor akActor )
  akActor.SetActorValue ( "UnarmedDamage" , (( akActor.GetActorValue ( "UnarmedDamage" )) + UADamageAdd ) )
EndEvent

Event OnUnequipped ( Actor akActor )
  akActor.SetActorValue ( "UnarmedDamage" , (( akActor.GetActorValue ( "UnarmedDamage" )) - UADamageAdd ) )
EndEvent

Add this as a new script to your gauntlets and compile and save it. Set property UADamageAdd to the number of damage points you want to add when the gauntlets are equipped.

oh man, didnt really asked for you to created the script for me..really makes me feel so demanding. so thank you Ekcs to teach this stupid newbie.

not just gonna test the script right away, surely i need to understand how it work to help me lean more about scripting..

thank you Ekcss...i owe you one :thumbsup:

I wasn't trying to antagonize, just trying to understand your goals. I did read your post, but I guess I didn't understand that you were attempting to add the effect without the appearance of it having an enchantment. When I read your post, I understood it to mean that you were attempting to achieve the same effect without using an enchantment, not that you wanted the gauntlets to appear to be unenchanted. Mea culpa.