Revolver Freak

pestopolis

vashts1985 already said that he is trying to implement the Trigun gun. My most awaited mod yet. Good luck to him on that and endless kudos. (maybe later on we could even put in the original reload animation, who knows).

.223 pistol also coming closer by the same man. (kudos again)

Meanwhile, let's remember some other cult revolvers and hope somebody has the time and wish to make them.

Mateba Model 6 Unico with caliber of .454 Casull. Just look at it. It's like a Desert Eagle of revolvers.

There is another baddy, that uses ammo "MAGNUM 12 GAUGE"...

vashts1985 already said that he is trying to implement the Trigun gun. My most awaited mod yet. Good luck to him on that and endless kudos. (maybe later on we could even put in the original reload animation, who knows).

.223 pistol also coming closer by the same man. (kudos again)

Meanwhile, let's remember some other cult revolvers and hope somebody has the time and wish to make them.

Mateba Model 6 Unico with caliber of .454 Casull. Just look at it. It's like a Desert Eagle of revolvers.

There is another baddy, that uses ammo "MAGNUM 12 GAUGE"...

Here's where I'm an ass. You might want to point out that the second photo is a crop of a photo taken by Oleg Volk and is part of his Second Amendment photo series. The photo is located here (the hi-res is here). Why am I being an ass? Had you directed the readers to his site, they would also be able to access tons of photos of odd and esoteric weapons here as well as much more. It's good stuff and can provide much inspiration to modders. Then again, if you didn't know where the photo came from, my apologies for making assumptions.

But, yes, all that quibbling aside, we need more wheelguns and other weapons in the game. Vash's mod will be very welcome! :thumbsup:

Yes, I didn't know about the series. This picture is about the gun (which is how I got this picture, looking for a Mateba gun). I could only guess there was a woman attached to it, because of the fingernails. But, now that I know, it is still irrelevant, because 2nd Amendment is about USA and not everyone lives in USA and has to deal with it. Me, for instance. So, I'm sorry for not seeing a bigger picture behind this gun.

Yes, I didn't know about the series. This picture is about the gun (which is how I got this picture, looking for a Mateba gun). I could only guess there was a woman attached to it, because of the fingernails. But, now that I know, it is still irrelevant, because 2nd Amendment is about USA and not everyone lives in USA and has to deal with it. Me, for instance. So, I'm sorry for not seeing a bigger picture behind this gun.
Oh, no. That wasn't my point at all. The copious amount of gun-related pictures at the man's site is a treasure! That's my point. So many people just crop a picture and never give true attribution to the author, thus others miss out on additional treasures.

As I said before, you didn't do it on purpose, so don't worry about it. That's why I said I was being the ass, not you. I recommend you go to his site and check it out. It's quite nice! There's tons of picture of firearms, women, men, cats, and just about everything in between! :thumbsup:

The _only_ revolver that I (from the deepest recesses of my being) want to see a mod of would be a Colt Single Action Army...

The problems that arise with this particular gun is that the reloading would require extensive animation work:

- fire last round

- half-rooster the hammer, open rear port and tilt weapon up 90deg

- rotate the cylinder to eject each of the six* spent cartridges

- return weapon to negative 15-30deg (slightly down)

- insert cartridge and rotate cylinder until full

- fully-rooster hammer and ready to fire

Of course, the animation would likely get truncated down like that used for the Hunting Rifle and Lincoln's Repeater. Fully reloading a Hunting Rifle with a single round's worth of animation is immersion-breaking, but I'm REALLY disapointed with the Repeater's reload animation... the hands look deformed, and the frenetic twitch of the reloading hand is jarring in the least. I figure that with the power of the rifle and having 15 shots at your disposal, the time to replace those rounds should be the downside to wielding that beast of a rifle. (Bloody hell, it's more powerful than a fully-repaied Sniper Rifle that has only 5 rounds.) Even a realtime animation of replacing 5/15 would do to help even it out a bit.

* In actuality, no one who uses a classic Colt SAA would EVER fully load the cylinder, for fear of a misfire from butting the hammer. Normal reload would be: 1 cartridge, 2 rotations, then 4 cartridge/rotation, so you end with the hammer over an empty chamber.

Until then, I'll be happy with my paired .44's (one still scoped for long-range kills, the other modded to not be for far cooler slow-mo VATS shots).

I really liked the myriad of revolver designs in Trigun, and the setting for that anime/manga is actually remarkably similar to Fallout. I think it would be great if someone made a big pack of all kinds of pre-war and semi-junk revolvers, all of which have similar power, range, etc but allow the player to pick one to his liking as well as add a lot of variety and realism.

Archived