Living Wasteland - Settlements and proper defenses

DDigit

Maybe you could even take the storyline out of the game and just make it an endless sand box game, where people die and are replaced with other people (Randomly generated faces clothes and names fitting the type of group they are in). So you could kill everyone in a town, then come back in a few days and find that a completely different group has taken that town, perhaps even have raiders attacks complete wipe out towns and they move in. That way you could even be anyone, you could become an actual raider (Maybe even form a group of raiders), take towns and turn followers into towns people (Basically walk around and defend the town) and then when you need them you can ask them to follow you. You could also then leave some people in the towns to defend from raiders/slavers/anybody actually, I don't think wastelanders would have any problem attacking other wastelanders and taking their homes.

That would be a lot like STALKER Clear Sky.

Would be interesting, but I don't know how well it would work.

In quest 'Trouble In Big Town', if you wait for a moment in town (after you save Red from the mutants), there will be mutants attacking the town and you can choose to help the people to defend the town or not.

If you talk/ask Jericho at the first time you met him at Megaton, you can ask him about what's his doing at Megaton & he will told you that he often helping people at megaton to fend off the raider attack.

Maybe some great modders out there can use the script (?) to make 'this attack' periodically occured in the other town. :thanks:

Creating an attack like that is easy, just spawn some creatures within visible range of the guards/townspeople and the AI will do the rest. You can try it with the console.

Turn off the combat ai (tcai) and stand somewhere you'd like to have a raid start, spawn the monsters you like with player.placeatme and the hex codes for the monsters. Do the same with some guards and turrets and voila. move out of the way, use tcai to turn the combat AI on again and they should be at each others throats in mere seconds. Grab some popcorn and enjoy!

Needless to say "spawning" a raid should be easy with the GECK. But the point of this mod is to get Dynamic raids, events and encounters going (save for a few quests where it would be easier to script an event/attack). In other words, raids should take place at different times, in different places and in different compositions. Also, raiding parties should have to walk to and back from raids.

• 1 month later...
would it be possible to have the slavers capture people from these raids and then become part of their inventory and sold off? maybe even have that same thing with super mutant raids with end result of captured being eaten after certain amount of days?

I would like this mod to be produced, since I hate that the wasteland is still... you know, a wasteland, especially 200 years after the bombs dropped. But I have a request for this, is it possible to add a raider city? I was thinking kindof like in Doomsday, or in Waterworld, where all those biker/punk gangs live. Like a parking lot city, made out of cars, and with tons of streetlights shining down, while the raiders host pit fights, motorcycle duels, and burn things....

Either way, good idea, and good luck.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmz this mod dead or...???

tried looking for it but didn't find it and also it seems nobody has posted something around here in a while

but really like the idea of more random events (in my first save i only had one random event and later it appeared it was just a bug that was never ment to happen... now i'm in my 2nd attempt at fallout and i only got 2-3 random events :( )

also the idea of a dynamic wasteland is the best i heard in a while, just like many of the people who posted something on this topic it sickens me that the wasteland got no pottential at all -_- (screw bethsoft for this crap)

there're only a couple of wastelanders and a couple of animals, like wow that's exciting -.-

also everybody is affraid of raids, afraid of this, afraid of that, and the only thing i saw was big town getting raped by 4 mutants who did nothing with the corpses (while you hear notthing else of them dragging things away, dead or alive..) and they just roam there for like a couple of days untill a nice kitty (deathclaw) came a long and murdered everyone of them, and he than decided to stay there....

anywayz, pls reply to me if this mod is dead or not and where to find it if there's a beta out or a full version ;)

you got my 100% support

Archived