New to Overclocking GPUs

Quick question about AMD 7000 series...

So i got a 7850, Skyrim is all flickery with 12.10 drivers, and it only happens in in that game (recently played Farcry3, Guild Wars 3 and Metro w/o flickering). What Driver version would you guys recommend?

holy crap youve already played GW3!!! lol jk

unfortunately i cant be of any help to you. i only had my card for a day, and i dont play Skyrim. plus i was using 12.11 beta drivers.

however, it sounds like a Skyrim issue as its less graphically insensive then both FarCry 3 and Metro 2033 (despite popular belief, Skyrim isnt all the graphically intensive compared to some other games) do you have any mods for Skyrim? it could be some sort of conflicting graphics mod? but im only speculating. like i said, i dont play the Game so idk.

lol Ok, ok Guild Wars 2. Did some researching and I might have to rollback on the GPU driver. Weird that it only happens in Skyrim 3.

Do you have 120hz display?

With AB my screen flickers too @120hz. 1 sec of 3dmark/etc. fixes it untill I reboot.

I usually activate the OC profile only when Im about to start playing so I dont really mind the flickering/fixing it.

You could also try trixx or some other OC software.

The best test for stability is a game like bf3. The benchmarks dont always tell the truth.

most cards hit about 78 on stock clocks depends on fan type pcb layers and few other components 7950's hit around 1050 ish on core clock with default voltage and temps are stable around 78 on games you only need to worry about temps for damage and they will underclock your gpu