Great News: I'm finally playing without crashes!

Vortaka

Well, it might sound ridiculous, but you must understand that I was NEVER able to play a Bethesda game without crashing (ctd). Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim all ctd's...

In Oblivion, the 3 games I did crashed about at the same place (so I stopped playing).

In Fallout 3, same thing!

In New Vegas, even if crashes weren't as obvious as other, when 2 npcs has a discussion, it usually stopped in the middle (I can remember 2 different places but I don't remember the exact names... One was in the prison and the other was in the underground base... (Been a while since I played it, really!)).

In Skyrim, up to 3 or 4 days ago, it did the same... ctd's all over. And, with all the guides and tweaks I grabbed, searching threw google I can now play with but a few glitches... For example, when I was with Aela (against the Silver Hands) before I entered the tower, the game FPS dropped... There was no crash, however, I still needed to close the game and reload my save, but without a crash in mind! Also, when she's supposed to stay near Skjor, she decided instead to get out in the wild and get away from me! I caught her back and everything seems fine now... So, little glitches but nothing bad (unlike before where I crashed usually every hour or less).

Main point (since many tips come from this forum and all it's people) is to thank you guys and gals for continued support for, let's get our facts straight, a not fully finished/completed/tested game.

Still, it's fun when it's not crashing!

Vortaka

Sweet! yeah CTD's and freezing is the worst! hade some in my past in Skyrim, and usaly takes houers to fix, and i hate it!! :biggrin:

Do you know anything in partuculer what you did to fix your type of issue? always nice to enlighten the community :thumbsup:

fun that Nexus is of help to you! we al love to help you my friend,

Happy moding and happy new year! :wub:

Well, first there's the ini tweaks... I won't go into details cause I didn't use them all, but everything is explained on the geforce skyrim optimize guide

Skse is an essential, of course!

Many tweaks I did from google search... For example, one of the last tweak I did (maybe it helped a little) is the downgrade windows audio (to 44.1khz = CD audio). It seems to help a bit...

Many of those tweaks where for multi processor (lines that needed to be added).

I'm also using FPS Background Booster it's on the nexus... Game booster seems to cause me a little more problems... I cannot say this utility really boosts the fps but it seems to stabilize it...

Some tweaks, are linked to other program/plugins... Like, I do not have any Anti alias nor in Skyrim settings nor Nvidia settings but I use something like a SMAA or whatever. Seems to help stability too (well, fps stability). And the gfx looks good!

Also, you should check papyrus log (activate in ini). If every crash is caused by the same script or mod, it might be a problem! However, it seems that some papyrus errors are from vanilla skyrim, no mod...

Oh, yeah, I also used a texture optimizer... (I'm on a absolutely not that great core2duo 3.1 ghz... So, HD isn't for me!

Oh, I might have forgotten to mention that I cannot play without mods anymore... I have about 100 of them but there are no huge ones... (And some mods I merged).

Well, I hope this can help anyone that reads this!

Happy holidays!