SKSE Issues

halex1316

For some reason, I'm having a problem getting SKSE to work.

I had previously installed it, and it began working fine. I was able to type "GetSKSEVersion" and it would display the version of Skyrim Script Extender just fine, but now, for some reason, it won't work. It was probably an hour after I got it working, and was watching GophersVids Skyrim Sanctuary 2012 Anniversy, I installed a few mods, and it stopped working. Even the skse_loader.exe won't properly run. It opens up the Skyrim Launcher thing where you can check your data, options, etc.

The mods I installed were -

1. SkyUI (I actually had this installed already, it just wasn't activated when I was testing SKSE to get it working)

2. dD - Enhanced Blood

3. A Lord of the Rings sword pack.

4. Realistic Water Textures.

Other than those, the only "mods" I had loaded were Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, Heartfires, HighResTexturePack1 and 2.

It's really beginning to annoy me as to why it just suddenly stops working. Any suggestions?

Yoo! :laugh:

You have tryed to re-install it and before that, that you have the latest update for Skyrim or the version that SKSE needs?

Yeah, I am 100% sure that I have the correct version of Skyrim and SKSE. Just earlier, on the same install of both SKSE and Skyrim, it was working. Then I launched it, and it went all wonkers.

And your Skyrim runs fine without using it?

Yeah, there's no issues without it. I'm just trying to run mods, and the fact that when I open the skse_loader, it 1.) opens the Skyrim Launcher, which it shouldn't, 2.) won't give me the version of SKSE which tells me it's not working and 3.) SkyUI doesn't work properly without it.

Then it would be best to contact the SKSE team

as that would be the best next step

if by chance it gets solved, pls writhe in what fixed it on this tread, what works and dont is valuable to know :thumbsup:

*Taken from there site*

Contact the SKSE Team

Before contacting us, make sure that your game launches properly without SKSE first. Also, attach skse.log, skse_loader.log, and skse_steam_loader.log to any support requests.

Entire Team

Send email to team [at] skse [dot] silverlock [dot] org

Ian (ianpatt)

Send email to ianpatt+skse [at] gmail [dot] com

Stephen (behippo)

Send email to gamer [at] silverlock [dot] org

II copied from my other install of Skyrim (which I knew worked) and then copied it into my steam/steamapps/common/ folder, and then ran it as administrator and it worked :)