NEED HELP: NEW VEGAS MODS!!!

blarg4894

Ok, so I got a new laptop for Christmas and I sorta got the hang of things BUT, I am 100% lost on how to mod new vegas. I just got the deluxe edition today an I got it mostly for the mods, but when I tired to mod it I got lost real fast. I looked up how to do this and I got the whole steam > steamapp> common> New vegas ting but I am still clueless on everything. If someone would help me t would make me very happy and If you do help please elaborate and be specific on what I am suppose to do, all the way from the start cause I don't even know how to use the FOMM.

Thank you.

Well, there are two way to find mostly good NV mods that I know of:

Search top 25 in New Vegas Nexus in terms of most downloaded ever and most popular recently. Then Google search the kind of mods you're looking for, which will open up new sites and mods.

As for how to install:

Get a FOMM or Nexus Manager to load them into Vegas' loading order. But if you want to do a manual upload, you need to make sure that the mod file is in New Vegas/data and that the meshes and textures are in the right place. Mostly this means knowing how the directories are assembled in he download and extracting correctly. You may have to extract to a different place and then cut and paste as needed. Do not assume you can blindly extract the download package to NewVegas/data and all will be well.

Even if you it right, there are issues with archive conflicts, which you would avoid with a mod manager. Also, many good mods require a Fallout Script Extender FOSE device, one for New Vegas. Do your research there but just goggling that term will start you on the right track.

Well, there are two way to find mostly good NV mods that I know of:

Search top 25 in New Vegas Nexus in terms of most downloaded ever and most popular recently. Then Google search the kind of mods you're looking for, which will open up new sites and mods.

As for how to install:

Get a FOMM or Nexus Manager to load them into Vegas' loading order. But if you want to do a manual upload, you need to make sure that the mod file is in New Vegas/data and that the meshes and textures are in the right place. Mostly this means knowing how the directories are assembled in he download and extracting correctly. You may have to extract to a different place and then cut and paste as needed. Do not assume you can blindly extract the download package to NewVegas/data and all will be well.

Even if you it right, there are issues with archive conflicts, which you would avoid with a mod manager. Also, many good mods require a Fallout Script Extender FOSE device, one for New Vegas. Do your research there but just goggling that term will start you on the right track.