I really need help with mods working with other mods.

Arammu

I am new to the Forums so I am unsure where this would go. But I am having trouble figuring out how to make mods work together with each other.

If anyone could help me out I would be really greatful, or if you know some kind of way to figure out how they will work with each other like a program that

tells you if the mods you have work with each other or something.

I'm not sure what type of mod this guy is using for this girl with the Skimpy Silverlight Armor, is it CBBE? or UNP?

Here's the picture of her: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/653171-skimpy-silverlight-armor/

And I already have the download for it saved in a file a have cause it got taken off of nexus a long time ago.

Kind of want the look of her body and face, but with more anime style faces like the Pretty Face mod or Enhanced Character Edit.

Also if any of you know some great armor or weapon mods that are anime style looking that would be awesome.

Here are some mods that I want to have:

Skimpy Silverlight Armor

Osare KneeSocks - UNP

CBBE or UNP (Depending on the body texture for the Skimpy Silverlight Armor)

Pretty Face or Enhanced Character Edit (I'm not sure if you use both of them or just one)

BFG Better FacGen

HD body and face textures for females

Coverwomen and Covereyes or High Quality Eyes(I am not sure which eye mod is better for anime eyes or if either one works with the mods I want to use)

Xenius Character Enhancement XCE

Killer Keos Skimpy Armor Relpacer

Remodeled Armor CBBEv3M

Calientes Vanilla Outfits for CBBE

Warglaives and Silverlight Armor 099 CBBE

Sky Realism ENB Evolved

ApachiiSkyHair

Crazy Hairs

Tera Hair Mod

Hair Pack by newermind43

More Hair Colors or Extending Slider Colors (I am not sure if either one is better)

Eyebrows Match Hair

Pretty Lips (Don't know if other mods I have will have different lips or better for anime style looking)

Cute Designs

Better Males

Better Females (Don't know if other mods I want to use is better like CBBE or UNP or if they even work together)

Numenume Elf Ears or Nouserheres Ears (I am not sure if one them is better or which one would work with the other mods I want to use)

Companion Valfar

Interesting NPCs

Hybrids Vicious Weapon Pack

The Ashen Race (Also the Suky and Gwen Ashen Companions)

Lunari Race

Dagi-Raht Race

Drow Race

Spouses can live Everywhere or My Home is Your Home (I am not sure if one of them is better or if either one works with the rest of them mods I want to use)

No Vampire Sunken Face for ECE - BFG - The Ashen Race and Vanilla Males

Vampire Face Fix V1_0

Royal Bloodline

Better Vampire

UFO Ultimate Followers Overhaul or Followers Light if that is better

Followers Can Relax

A little sexy apperal replacer

Girls of Skyrim

Pinup Poser

Arise Chapter 1

Lustmore Vampire Armor

Blood Witch Armor

Bat Travel Vampire Power for Dawnguard DLC

The Art of Magicka

Mal Cleric Armor

Milky Way Galaxy

Lord Armor

Castle Strunmah

Chopping Block Wood Fires

Duel Weild Two Handed Weapons

Dynamic Fires

Enhanced Soundtrack 1 & 2

Halls of Dovahndor

Auto Uniequip Arrows

Sorry guys for all these mods.

But I really want to know if I can use at least all these mods together except the CBBE and UNP and other body texture mods that I can only

have one or the other so I can get the appearence of anime looking girls or guys like the ones showed in the pictures of

the Pretty Face Mod or Enhanced Character Edit without crashing or any lagging,

And again I thank everyones help.

From what I understand the Skimpy Silverlight Armor mod in that pic is not on Nexus anymore but the original Mod used the UNP body style they say there is a CBBE V3 version of it but I have never found it.

From what I understand the Skimpy Silverlight Armor mod in that pic is not on Nexus anymore but the original Mod used the UNP body style they say there is a CBBE V3 version of it but I have never found it.

Yeah when I first saw that the Skimpy Silverlight Armor wan't on Nexus anymore I was dissapointed, so I found the files on a different website for both UNP style and CBBEV3 and made sure it worked in-game and it did and I still have the file, but I just don't know what's better CBBE or UNP or what body style that user was using in those pictures.

Edited by Arammu

I've never used UNP to be sure but I do use CBBE and those breasts seem to be the always perky not affected by gravity type that you see with CBBE so I'd wager it's CBBE.

FYI some armor mods might be designed for one body style like UNP but will work on CBBE. Example the Witch Elf Armor was designed for UNP but looks just fine on a CBBE body.

I've never used UNP to be sure but I do use CBBE and those breasts seem to be the always perky not affected by gravity type that you see with CBBE so I'd wager it's CBBE.

FYI some armor mods might be designed for one body style like UNP but will work on CBBE. Example the Witch Elf Armor was designed for UNP but looks just fine on a CBBE body.

I was also wondering If I choose UNP or CBBE Nude and use the Skimpy Silverlight Armor with all the components for the Armor, like the high socks and the underwear, will the underwear replace the body or just the armor?

I am new to the Forums so I am unsure where this would go. But I am having trouble figuring out how to make mods work together with each other.

If anyone could help me out I would be really greatful, or if you know some kind of way to figure out how they will work with each other like a program that

tells you if the mods you have work with each other or something.

Wow, that's quite the list to jump into. Let's break it down some :sweat:

CBBE or UNP (Depending on the body texture for the Skimpy Silverlight Armor)

It looks like the Skimpy Silverlight Armor is likely UNP, but there's also a CBBE conversion for it. Just go with whichever body shape you prefer.

Pretty Face or Enhanced Character Edit (I'm not sure if you use both of them or just one)

BFG Better FacGen

Pretty Face and ECE are fully compatible with each other, but you might want to use Pretty Face (which will only affect humans) by itself since ECE also affects chargen for other vanilla races and is incompatible with mods like Ethereal Elven Overhaul (by the same author who made Dagi-Raht). BFG will conflict with both Pretty Faces and ECE.

The Ashen Race (Also the Suky and Gwen Ashen Companions)

Lunari Race

Dagi-Raht Race

Drow Race

These add new races, so I believe they have their own facegen files and won't conflict with ECE (if you use it) and certainly won't conflict with each other.

HD body and face textures for females

Xenius Character Enhancement XCE

Pretty Lips (Don't know if other mods I have will have different lips or better for anime style looking)

Better Females (Don't know if other mods I want to use is better like CBBE or UNP or if they even work together)

Coverwomen

These will conflict with each other since they all edit the face and/or body textures, but even before you look at any of these you should see how you like the default UNP or CBBE textures first.

Cute Designs

Should be okay, but only for the UNP body and Ashen race.

Eyebrows Match Hair

Covereyes or High Quality Eyes(I am not sure which eye mod is better for anime eyes or if either one works with the mods I want to use)

More Hair Colors or Extending Slider Colors (I am not sure if either one is better)

These should be okay, but Covereyes and High Quality Eyes will conflict.

ApachiiSkyHair

Crazy Hairs

Tera Hair Mod

Hair Pack by newermind43

You'll want to be careful about adding hairs. If you have too many added the chargen will choke on it and crash the game. Pick maybe one or two that you really like.

Skimpy Silverlight Armor

Osare KneeSocks - UNP

Warglaives and Silverlight Armor 099 CBBE

Hybrids Vicious Weapon Pack

Lustmore Vampire Armor

Blood Witch Armor

Mal Cleric Armor

Lord Armor

Numenume Elf Ears or Nouserheres Ears (I am not sure if one them is better or which one would work with the other mods I want to use)

Armor and clothing mods generally won't conflict since they add new stuff, so you'll be fine installing all of them together. The elf ears fall under this category since they're something you wear and won't conflict with each other; that doesn't guarantee they won't conflict with mods that accidentally use the same slot though (there's a bunch of unused, unnamed slots that modders use for things like underwear, tails, horns, wings, etc. so it's possible the ears will get unequipped by anything that doesn't go in a standard slot).

Killer Keos Skimpy Armor Relpacer

Calientes Vanilla Outfits for CBBE

Remodeled Armor CBBEv3M

A little sexy apperal replacer

These three mods are replacers for default armors, so they'll wind up conflicting, choose only one of them.

Better Males

UFO Ultimate Followers Overhaul or Followers Light if that is better

Companion Valfar

Girls of Skyrim

Followers Can Relax

Spouses can live Everywhere or My Home is Your Home (I am not sure if one of them is better or if either one works with the rest of them mods I want to use)

Interesting NPCs

Castle Strunmah

Halls of Dovahndor

No Vampire Sunken Face for ECE - BFG - The Ashen Race and Vanilla Males

Vampire Face Fix V1_0

Royal Bloodline

Better Vampire

Bat Travel Vampire Power for Dawnguard DLC

Sky Realism ENB Evolved

Pinup Poser

Arise Chapter 1

The Art of Magicka

Milky Way Galaxy

Chopping Block Wood Fires

Duel Weild Two Handed Weapons

Dynamic Fires

Enhanced Soundtrack 1 & 2

Auto Uniequip Arrows

Can't really comment too much on these, but for the most part they shouldn't conflict. Personally I've never had any real success with the mods that try to edit the vampire appearance (seems Dawnguard broke most of the early mods as well), but you may have better luck.

I was also wondering If I choose UNP or CBBE Nude and use the Skimpy Silverlight Armor with all the components for the Armor, like the high socks and the underwear, will the underwear replace the body or just the armor?

Short answer: it depends.

Long answer: it depends on which slots the armor and underwear occupy.

If you look at the armor entry in the Creation Kit, you'll see that there's a lot of unused slots. It looks like this:

30 - HEAD

31 - Hair

32 - BODY

33 - Hands

34 - Forearm

35 - Amulet

36 - Ring

37 - Feet

38 - Calves

39 - SHIELD

40 - Unnamed

41 - Longhair

42 - Circlet

43 - Ears

44 - Unnamed

45 - Unnamed

46 - Unnamed

47 - Unnamed

48 - Unnamed

49 - Unnamed

50 - Unnamed

51 - Unnamed

52 - Unnamed

53 - Unnamed

54 - Unnamed

55 - Unnamed

56 - Unnamed

57 - Unnamed

58 - Unnamed

59 - Unnamed

60 - Unnamed

51 - FX01

(Whoops, just realized from the "43 - Ears" slot you probably don't need to worry about other accessories forcing your elf ears to unequip, unless they're earring mods, which will likely use the same slot)

So an armor piece will take the "32 - BODY" slot and the modder can arbitrarily decide that their underwear will go in the "44 - Unnamed" slot and socks will go in the "38 - Calves" slot, which will allow you to equip all three without problems; but there can be a problem if you add a different mod (let's say a lingerie set for example) by someone else where the bra takes up "32 - BODY", garter belt takes up "44 - Unnamed", underwear takes up "45 - Unnamed", and stockings take up "46 - Unnamed", which can lead to the bra unequipping your armor, being able to wear two pairs of underwear, the socks and stockings at the same time, or not being able to wear the garter belt with old underwear.

Edited by Anime_Otaku102

Short answer: it depends.

Long answer: it depends on which slots the armor and underwear occupy.

If you look at the armor entry in the Creation Kit, you'll see that there's a lot of unused slots. It looks like this:

30 - HEAD

31 - Hair

32 - BODY

33 - Hands

34 - Forearm

35 - Amulet

36 - Ring

37 - Feet

38 - Calves

39 - SHIELD

40 - Unnamed

41 - Longhair

42 - Circlet

43 - Ears

44 - Unnamed

45 - Unnamed

46 - Unnamed

47 - Unnamed

48 - Unnamed

49 - Unnamed

50 - Unnamed

51 - Unnamed

52 - Unnamed

53 - Unnamed

54 - Unnamed

55 - Unnamed

56 - Unnamed

57 - Unnamed

58 - Unnamed

59 - Unnamed

60 - Unnamed

51 - FX01

(Whoops, just realized from the "43 - Ears" slot you probably don't need to worry about other accessories forcing your elf ears to unequip, unless they're earring mods, which will likely use the same slot)

So an armor piece will take the "32 - BODY" slot and the modder can arbitrarily decide that their underwear will go in the "44 - Unnamed" slot and socks will go in the "38 - Calves" slot, which will allow you to equip all three without problems; but there can be a problem if you add a different mod (let's say a lingerie set for example) by someone else where the bra takes up "32 - BODY", garter belt takes up "44 - Unnamed", underwear takes up "45 - Unnamed", and stockings take up "46 - Unnamed", which can lead to the bra unequipping your armor, being able to wear two pairs of underwear, the socks and stockings at the same time, or not being able to wear the garter belt with old underwear.

Wow thanks for all that help :) But what mods would you really prefer (like CBBE or UNP or the face texutres, etc.) if you wanted to have the Skimpy Silverlight Armor and make characters look like smooth or cute anime faces, what would be best for that? Also, this kind of funny though, I had all these mods activated in NMM and even more, like maybe around 150 mods all together, but not like UNP and CBBE and face texutres both activated I know that much, but when I launced my game it was just laggy, didn't crash though, I have a pretty decent computer that can handle great graphics, but also lol, all the NPCs and I where like frozen still with the arms and legs spread out and heads didn't move, the only thing that moved was the mouth and eyes, and when I moved forward I was till frozen, kinda like hovering frozen still, it was pretty funny, but weird.

Edited by Arammu

Wow thanks for all that help :) But what mods would you really prefer (like CBBE or UNP or the face texutres, etc.) if you wanted to have the Skimpy Silverlight Armor and make characters look like smooth or cute anime faces, what would be best for that?

For the face, I think definitely Pretty Face and Enhanced Character Edit (personally I'm more of a PlanetES/Vinland Saga kinda guy, so I just use Pretty Face without ECE for a less rounded look), and CBBE for the body since anime/manga proportions tend to be a bit more generous. I think the new default skin textures for CBBE are good enough, but before 3.2 I used Fair Skin Complexion Sweaty Body.

Also, this kind of funny though, I had all these mods activated in NMM and even more, like maybe around 150 mods all together, but not like UNP and CBBE and face texutres both activated I know that much, but when I launced my game it was just laggy, didn't crash though, I have a pretty decent computer that can handle great graphics, but also lol, all the NPCs and I where like frozen still with the arms and legs spread out and heads didn't move, the only thing that moved was the mouth and eyes, and when I moved forward I was till frozen, kinda like hovering frozen still, it was pretty funny, but weird.

Hmm, lag could be from the ENB. I tried a performance-friendly ENB once (uninstalled it because it made the water glow at night) and went from 50+FPS to about 30~40 FPS, so it would probably be worse with even more complex ENBs. No idea what's breaking animations in your game though, don't think it's any of the ones you listed, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Anime_Otaku102

Wow thanks for all that help :) But what mods would you really prefer (like CBBE or UNP or the face texutres, etc.) if you wanted to have the Skimpy Silverlight Armor and make characters look like smooth or cute anime faces, what would be best for that?

For the face, I think definitely Pretty Face and Enhanced Character Edit (personally I'm more of a PlanetES/Vinland Saga kinda guy, so I just use Pretty Face without ECE for a less rounded look), and CBBE for the body since anime/manga proportions tend to be a bit more generous. I think the new default skin textures for CBBE are good enough, but before 3.2 I used Fair Skin Complexion Sweaty Body.

So UNP would work just find with textures and faces that look more anime? Cause about every mod I come across everyone seems more leaning towards UNP like it's more favored than the CBBE even though at least I think CBBE has been around longer and has more views and endorsements. Also which eye mods would resemble more anime style?

Thanks agian :)