[Request] Fallout 2 and Tactics Armors

manchy69

I have no modelling talent, however I second your request. I really like the form-fitting (kinda) style of FO2 and especially Tactics, and I think the FO3 Enclave armor looks crude and poorly proportioned when it should look sleek and scary like the previous games.

It'd be really cool if someone could make Advanced Power Armor styled after FO2 and Advanced Power Armor MK II styled after Tactics....

I have no modelling talent, however I second your request. I really like the form-fitting (kinda) style of FO2 and especially Tactics, and I think the FO3 Enclave armor looks crude and poorly proportioned when it should look sleek and scary like the previous games.

It'd be really cool if someone could make Advanced Power Armor styled after FO2 and Advanced Power Armor MK II styled after Tactics....

Exactly! sleek and scary!

the thing is, that the BOS power armour in 3 is actually pretty accurate to what it should be. If you remember the story of Tactics, the brotherhood who created the scary looking armour were part of a expedition into the wastes via a zepplin that lost contact with the main brotherhood. As a result they did things the normal brotherhood did to survive, eg, helping the locals and readily accepting local applications for recruiting, which the xenophobic old brotherhood would never have agreed to.

I was always said that when the two met there would almost certainly be conflict. I at first assumed that because of the design of the power armour in FO3 that the tactics brotherhood became the Enclave, but that doesnt fit in to the story anywhere.

starting to wonder if i should be in the requests forum or discussion..... :blink:

point is: Old brotherhood armour is accurate, Enclave armour isnt.

Well yeah, I think the Brotherhood armor (T-45?) is pretty cool as is. However the T-51b is in need of a rework just as bad as the Enclave armor. While it looks canon, it has clipping issues (especially when jumping) and holes in the model near the hips; it actually looks like it was a rushed afterthought by Bethesda when they realised, "Wait, we forgot the most iconic power armor of the series!" A bit of re-imagining might help some, too (the leather straps and neck seal are a bit out of place on such high-tech armor...).

As a gimmick, though, I always thought it would be cool to have a Cylon reskin of the T-51b in gunmetal with an animated red scanner for the visor (it looks close enough to an old Centurion, right?), but now I'm straying from the topic.

I was thinking of making some new armor models and skins. I was actually putting together some reference for the tactics armor already. I was also wondering if there was any precedents for chines power armor? I would figure they would at least have something, even if it was reverse engineered armor salvaged from the front.

I have to say diffuse textures on the power armor in the game is rather boring even the unique armors. It just looks like everyone got there armor from the factory and hit it a sandblaster in a few spots. I feel like the armor would have better outward looking physical condition. I would imagine as part of the upkeep of the armor cracks would be patch and filled, pealing ceramic and metal would be sanded down, and new paint or sealants would be applied. I would also expect with such large and relatively flat surfaces and the time and care of the armors upkeep that there would be some customization like that on the noses and wings of planes. Even more regular military forces in the game would have insignia on the armor.

Anyway need some character work to do now that I am on environments at work. Don't want to get rusty so I am in.

Archived