True beam weapons, anyone?

dronelord187

Hello everyone. This is my first post here......ever, lol. I just wanted to ask if anyone has ever seen a "true" beam weapon mod for fallout 3? Technically, every energy weapon in the game is a pulse weapon, they shoot individual pulses of energy not a continuous beam. Is it even possible, with the game mechanics, to make a weapon that fires a continuous beam? Something that fires similar to the flamer maybe? Continous beam as long as you hold down the trigger and your ammo holds out? If such a mod already exists, please feel free to send me that direction and I'll stop cluttering up the forum with redundant posts. Thanks.

If you have FNV, check out Project Nevada's charged weapons system. It fakes laser beams by firing the weapon repeatedly via script.

Hmm, appreciate the info. But isn't that kinda what the gatling laser does? Repeatedly fires the weapon? I'll give project Nevada a look either way!

The gatling laser is an automatic weapon. PN uses a script to fire a weapon from the player continuously, not quite the same thing. It uses quite a bit of extra mess to keep the gun from moving in recoil, so it seems like you've got one long beam fired.