Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura - F3 Edition

KaeEbonrai

Hi there, I'd like to suggest a TC of, or a Mod that adds content from, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

The game already has ties to Fallout, and, really, it would be wonderful to do this.

My plan revolves around the usage of an open-source inspired development model, "release early, release often", using Git, or SVN repos.

The art that I can legally release as GPL will be released under the GNU GPL Version 3.0 or later, or other comparable open source license (There is one in development in the open source game dev community, at the moment i'm keeping an eye on..)

Sadly, this post shall be very short, and not explain much, right now, as it is /painfully/ hard to compose posts/topics in a text-only browser such as "links", so, I will do my best to add to this, when I get home, and thus, when I don't have to go through my webserver.

Arcanum is still one of my favorite games (although I thought techies had somewhat of a disadvantage of you used guns) but unfortunately right now I have one disc and my brother has the other (Short but boring story). I can't say I'm entirely sure what your plans are since right now the post is pretty vague, but at the very least we could add all of the craftable tech items from Arcanum such as: Tesla gun, goggled helmet, electro armor, mechanized gun acid gun(just a simple model that fires that nasty goop the centaurs spit) etc etc. the list goes on. And seeing as how all kinds of weapon mods are in the making, why not a super powerful but slow and ungainly flintlock/fancy pistol or something? In a total conversion you at least gotta change up most of the weapons right? anyways, fantastic idea, I'm with you 100% on this one.

Archived