Dont go out at night! / Welcome to the real world!

Syntax1985

Like these ideas a lot, especially the idea of "more dangerous nights". I was actually playing like that, expecting it to be worse, until I got stuck out at night and realised there was really not much difference!

I like imagining an "Omega Man" scenario, of being out in the middle of the city ruins when I realise the sun is going down, and worse things will soon be coming out... so I have to race to find some place safe to hold up until morning!

As for the Vault exit changes, I agree... once past those eerie skeletons with signs ("we're dying out here"), I felt "gee, it's not so bad out here after all!". A bit disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with very much of what has been said, except for the larger aggro sphere and accuracy decrease. Instead of increasing the aggro sphere, raise their perception up, making it harder to hide from them this way instead. Perhaps it should be made so it feels that many enemies have that "Night Person" perk; after all, the night is their home turf, right? I know this game is A**kicking FALLOUT F*ing 3 and not some other game, but I firmly believe that some good examples can be taken from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.

A sense of fear was created when night descended upon your hapless form (when without night vision goggles of course). The creature's AI was about the same, but felt by far worse in respect to your survival odds; the inability to see them beyond the flashlight is indeed scary. Coupling this with the fact that many creature's eyes glowed in the dark, but still be unable to see their body...well, that experience comes mostly from what we call "Bloodsuckers" and even the Uber-Dogs.

Again, this is a great idea, but It may help in the development and success of such a mod by looking at others for advice or inspiration. Make it feel A+ horror movie scary! Not just "Don't go out at night because the boogie man is waiting."

Hold on...am I ranting again?

Archived