Game crashes 5-10 in to playing HELP

DayzBandit

My fallout 3 crashes after a few minuets of it running. I have to use task manager and kill it to get out of it.

I have FOSE installed along with the invalidated files program i downloaded off of the nexus. i am running a few simple mods like levelers truck, mega weight, and an item box, along with weapon mod kits i also have tried to install RH-Ironsights with the correct bridges and update patches. After installing them in the order below

-levelers truck

-mega weight

-Item box

-weapon mod kit

-wmk op anchorage bridge

-wmk broken steel

-RH Iron-sights

-WMK Iron-sights bridge

-RH Iron-sights update 1

That's really it....

I launch the game via FOSE launcher. I have uninstalled and reinstalled fo3 through steam multiple times and it works fine without mods. but the second I install WMK and the IronSight mod i run into the crashing problem 5 to 10 minuets into playing the game via FOSE launcher.

If you guys have any suggestions on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated i really wanna get these mods to work. Thanks guys

-Bandit

DayzBandit - Hello!

"My fallout 3 crashes after a few minuets of it running. I have to use task manager and kill it to get out of it."

I notice you say you need to use task manager to get out of it, is it crashing to desktop (CTD) & then locking or is it freezing the game in it's tracks.

If it's freezing the game rather than CTD'ing & if you are using a multi core computer then it could be the Fallout 3 multi core bug.

Fallout 3 has trouble with multi core computers, mainly with ones that have more than two cores & use hyperthreading.

There is a fix, you need to edit your Fallout 3 .ini file.

The one you want to change is:

For XP:

My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\

For Vista & Win7:

Documents\My Games\Fallout3

The file you want will be called:

FALLOUT.ini

Open the .ini with Notepad & change this line:

bUseThreadedAI=0

to:

bUseThreadedAI=1

& insert this line under it: