Can't uninstall Fallout 3?

Famir

When I try to uninstall I look for the setup.exe but can't find it. There is no option for uninstalling on the launcher and the system won't let me delete the Bethesda Softworks folder. I'm trying to uninstall because I recently did a system restore because of two hackers and several computer problems and installed the game again to find that there were NO MORE DIAGONAL MOVEMENT ANIMATIONS and the original Meshes and Textures folder were packed as .bsa instead of a normal folder.

Before, I installed Fallout 3 just fine and the Meshes and Textures folder were just normal folders with all the contents inside them instead of being packed as .bsa and there was diagonal movement as well for third person but it all changed after the restore.

So, I am going to completely disconnect from Steam as I install and completely disconnect from the internet, because I know that the first time I installed FO3 the connection was VERY crappy because my family was overseas in Italy and Steam rarely worked for me because of the connection. The connection ran at the speed of an average of 5 kilobytes/sec. Ridiculous there

Famir - Hello!

"and the original Meshes and Textures folder were packed as .bsa instead of a normal folder."

That's normal.

Fallout 3's vanilla assets are packed in .bsa's. They are just Bethesda Archives.

It's only once you start adding mods that Meshes & Texture folders get added to contain loose files.

You're probably just used to looking at the data folder AFTER it's been modded. :)

"When I try to uninstall I look for the setup.exe but can't find it. There is no option for uninstalling on the launcher and the system won't let me delete the Bethesda Softworks folder."

Do you have the game on disc? If so, put that in & act as if you are going to install. I'm pretty sure there's an option to uninstall there (I've never uninstalled Fallout 3 so I can't swear to that but that is the norm).

If not, go to Control Panel & depending on what operating system you are using either go to "Add or Remove program" or on Win7 "Programs" - "Uninstall Program".

You'll be presented with a list of programs, just locate Fallout 3 & uninstall.

"to find that there were NO MORE DIAGONAL MOVEMENT ANIMATIONS"

That would seem to suggest that something is either missing or bits of an old mod are interfering with Fallout.

When you uninstall, make sure no old mods are left behind. The uninstall often does not remove files that were not part of the original game.

Make sure you don't still have mod .esm's & .esp's still in the data folder & that they are not ticked in your mod manager. Also make sure all their old meshes & textures are gone before reinstalling.

Animations from old mods would be in:

Fallout 3\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male

That should be empty if you've cleanly installed & not added mods in yet.

Hope this helps!

Prensa