Night sight goggles

Verun

As in Oblivion I found the night sky to be way too bright. Normally one can't see his own hand at night, when standing in the open.

So also just as in Oblivion I installed the darkest nights mod I was able to find. Thats great now - even without night sight goggles.

But real night sight goggles would be much fun now :>

its certainly got its appeal, would make night fights a hellovalot more interesting, and fighting through abandoned vaults in the pitch black. What i dont like is the idea of equipping these goggles and then not being able to see anything in any other colour then green. It would hurt my eyes irl to use em for too long.

But then again, its a request thread, i dont exactly 'have' to download it if somebody DID decide to make it.

I've seen that there's a mod or two that utilize NV in them (Russian Power Armor, and NV Sunglasses).

Personally, I'd like to see a couple implementations:

- Rare NV-capable Enclave Helmet: They have the "cutting edge" technology... It would be cool to find at least a prototype in the back of some research station or base. Besides, it's already been mentioned on of of those threads that the Enclade helms don't have headlights on them, anyways. Maybe if there was a visual effect similar to HL2's "combine_binocoverlay" while in first-person, to make it feel more like you're looking through an augmented lens.

- NV-Scoped Sniper Rifle (Reservist's Rifle, prefered): Not 100% Night Vision, but something that will alow clearer sight for those long range shots, or to scout the lay of the land. And having it on the Reservist's means that that 3round magazine is an acceptable trade-off, to be able to counter-snipe effectively at night.

As for the coloration issue... Perhaps there's a way to link the color shift to the choice of UI color? Then you can manually switch from Green to Amber to Blue, or even to a Greyscale. If this could be done, it would SERIOUSLY rock.

Archived