Fuse ESP files

Wouter445

hi all.

i wanna know how i'am enable to load multi plug in's in Creation kit?.

I wanna release a *master file* of pack of mods.

why, first of all i gonna pack it in a BSA archief, to boost loading, and reduce data fragmentation.

also it's much more easy to track bug's and load conflicts when you fussing mods.

only trouble i have atm, is you can set one, ative file in creation kit, i can just some pointers on how to bypass or edit ESP files directly.

Err.

Couple of things.

Setting multiple active files wouldn't make sense.

That would enable making same changes to different .esp files, which would increase amounts of conflicts.

for example,

> load armor.esp and weapon.esp, set them both active

> Do changes to armor, save, it would save the same data to both .esp files, thus the last one saved would overwrite changes made in first one. (TL;DR, it's no use. Just causes bugs and makes things collide.)

However, you can set one file as active, or do it like this:

> tick the armor.esp, tick weapon.esp

> don't make them active file

> now, edit ID of every thing in armor.esp, and make references are right. (for example, tempering recipes and such), and do the same for weapons.esp too.

> save as new .esp file

Ta Da! .esp with data from both files.

These might sound like complicated things, but the truth is that it is.

Especially if you are combining, let's say 3-5 mods which add multiple pieces of armor, as you need to check the references of EVERY crafting AND tempering recipe.

However, what mods you're planning to combine?

Also, by saying "master file", do you mean making .esm of it? I wouldn't do that, especially if the mods were .esp files before you tinkered around with them.

Also, Loose files are actually more FPS friendly. (from what I've heard), as game doesn't need to decompress items from the .bsa files. (Might be just my imagination. )

I try that tactics, with the creation kit. 1.8 *think the older versions work this way*

but it only load the mod, that is set active.

even if i save it to a complete new file, that will be a clean file of 128 bits.

I wanna fuse, many mod like.

climates of Tamriel

blacksmith forge water.

apachii hair.

cloaks.

Convenient horses

Denser grass

etc, all kind of mods that improves the game, no weapons or armors mods.

many small files, is definitely not load friendly for a HD, when packed inside a special zip file, like BSA it will boost load time, and fragmentation.

i have around 5 GB extra data of mods in skyrim, and around 15.000 small files extra, (hard guess) it's about time, someone makes a user made, DLC pack

Edited by Wouter445

No, if it loads only mod that is set active, you aren't doing it right.

At this window, doubleclick each of the mods you want to load. (Check the picture)

The one which is set as "active file" will contain all the edits you do.

If you want to COMBINE these mods into single .esp (.esm in this case, I could believe), you need to copy/edit a bit of everything so it saves it into the active file.

Otherwise you are just making compatibility patch. (Which is not needed with those mods you listed)

however, Climates of Tamriel? Convenient Horses?

You ain't starting from the easiest I can tell ya', and I'd recommend you stick to combining armors, weapons and such.

I don't know how hard combining those you listed is.

Nobody probably tried, as they know it's gonna end up buggy, or they might have used Tes5edit on combining those mods.

yea, Tes5edit is what i need.

thought it only existed for FMM.

i worked out a plan, of how to fuse them.

First i combine, them into pairs of 2.

then extended testing.

then again a combine them.

again testing.

last fase, 1 Master ESP, to archief them into a single master file, including loose and mesh + texture files.

so you get a sort of DLC idee.