Skyrim closes out of nothing

otaviomad

I bought the bethesda pack on steam this christmas, and the first thing I downloaded was skyrim. It works well, 30-40 fps, but after around 30 minutes it just closes. No error, no freeze. Just closes. I have 3 GB of ram, so the 4GB mod isn't the solution. Can someone please help, this is getting really annoying.

I've gotta say, a vanilla skyrim (updated to the latest over steam) for me always has been a fairly stable experience. It's only when I started wantonly modding that things went pear-shaped :thumbsup:

The latest skyrim versions are already LAA aware so the 4 GB mod is obsolete anyway, and 3 GB of RAM - OS and other running programs = not a lot of breathing room for skyrim (although I've rarely seen it go over the 2GB mark on my rig, even with lots of mods). What's more crucial is plenty of video ram - especially when you've installed texture packs/mods. On lower-end systems tweaking the game quality settings to more moderate standards also helps.

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

This is updated from time to time so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.../4751769/1/#new

This is updated from time to time so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

Do not use razer game booster, it will bug out your OS explorer.exe (especially windows 7) , and if you are laging in skyrim, turn of antialiasing (all it does is smooth edges a little bit, but it is BARELY noticeable!) because antialiasing takes a huge chunk of your fps.