Violence censorship patch version

Abenjacan

you could also get the geck and edit all the weapons to have no dismemberment i would do it for you but good god is would be a hassle i mean really how many weapons are in this game exactly?

and as for the whole hammer hooker thing

seriously what you say makes no sense i can give you names of people who love to fight people and beat them senseless but stop when theres blood because it makes them feel sick to there stomach

I think that mod fix most problems:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=197

However, it´s not enough for a clean game.

Cleaning it up would mean a complete overhaul. This really wasn't meant to be a 'clean' game though. It says right on the package (US version):

M - Mature - 17+

Blood and Gore

Intense Violence

Sexual Themes

Strong Language

Use of Drugs

Some countries have censored versions out, and as was stated, that's probably your best bet. It's likely going to be a while before we see any mods capable of doing the whole job. It'd be a massive amount of work, and relatively few people would be interested.

As Kyosuke mentioned, you can change the weapon stats in the GECK to "no dismember/explode" (Weapon->Game Data->On Hit). As there are lots of different weapons (incl. creature attacks), you might only change the weapons you mainly use.

Before you buy a second copy of the game, you might try to exchange just your .exe with the german one. I have red that this will turn the german version into uncut, but never tested it myself (live in germany but have the uk version). If that works, it should also turn the us version into cut.

As Kyosuke mentioned, you can change the weapon stats in the GECK to "no dismember/explode" (Weapon->Game Data->On Hit). As there are lots of different weapons (incl. creature attacks), you might only change the weapons you mainly use.

Before you buy a second copy of the game, you might try to exchange just your .exe with the german one. I have red that this will turn the german version into uncut, but never tested it myself (live in germany but have the uk version). If that works, it should also turn the us version into cut.

How do you legally get that exe without buying a new copy?

True, thought it might work with the german patch :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, I found something else:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=899934

For those of you that want to turn off all the blood and gore (dismemberment as well, I believe), here's how to do it:

Open the FALLOUT.ini file located in your \My Documents\My games\Fallout3 folder.

Add the following line anywhere in the [General] section:

bDisableAllGore=1

Just tried it out. No blood splatters, no dismemberments. So much for complete overhauls. :P One side effect though: No more bullet holes in walls when you miss.

(And it leads me to wonder...if you put the line "bDisableAllGore=0" into the censored games, what happens?)

True, thought it might work with the german patch :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, I found something else:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=899934

For those of you that want to turn off all the blood and gore (dismemberment as well, I believe), here's how to do it:

Open the FALLOUT.ini file located in your \My Documents\My games\Fallout3 folder.

Add the following line anywhere in the [General] section:

bDisableAllGore=1

Hey, thanks mate! :thumbsup:

I tried,but i think this don´t turn off all the dismemberment,but reduce incredible.

However i was wondering if i put 0 instead of 1...i never tried that....

Don't take this the wrong way please but....

Blood, death and gore can build atmosphere if used right... personally I find the level of gore to low, in real life a 10mm to the face would ALWAYS blow the head like a melon all over the picknik table, on the food, in the drinks, in your face and hair!

And it would not take more then 1 shot to do so...unless it's power armor LOL then maybe like 3 or something to get past that think metal.

Anyway I'm no barbarian but the bloody gore is part of killing and should not be covered up, we should see killing as it truly is, ugly and traumatizing.

just to balance my statements elsewhere:

there is as much validity to wanting no realistic violence as not, and i think there are probably many people who would want that as an addition.

I personally like the graphic violence, as someone else mentioned, it satisfies the reptile brain, and i happen to have an overdeveloped one.

hammers and hookers? really? for serious? not a valid example. that kind of hypocrisy does exist and can be seen where ever you find people willing to enjoy something that comes at the cost of an others life (say, diamonds, or cheap coffee/gas/etc.).

but is completely different from wanting to enjoy a simulation in a particular way. even if only for the fact that it does not in any way shape or form cause you or any one else harm.

to the OP, i think you'll find enough support to get something like this worked on, but you might have to wait till the primary demographic gets the things it wants most....see: nude body replacers for male characters.

-A

Archived