The Greatest song ever

wasder

What is the greatest song of all time? Not Tribute. "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan? "Stairway to HEaven" By Led Zep? "Sweet Child o mine" By GnR? "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon&Garfunkel? Personnally, I think it's "No Woman, No Cry" By Bob Marley. It is reaally awesome. Like, truly awesome.

The greatest song of all time has to be something which has stood the test of time, and just gets better every time you hear it. Although stairway kinda has this going, it's often over played, and overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's a great song, but not the greatest. It has to be something that doesn't get much initial notice, but the moment you mention it, people suddenly find themselves saying "oh yeah, that's a great song".

I would have to go and put in my vote for Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve. It's just an awsome song.

Others that come close;

Rappers Delight - Sugar Hill Gang - 15 mins of old school.

Where The Streets Have No Name - U2 - Classic U2, before Bono became Bono.

Paint It Black - Rolling Stones - nothing more need be said.

The World I Know - Collective Soul - Sombre but uplifting.

Children - Robert Miles - Just Techno, before it became crap.

I could probably come up with a few others if I were to dig deeper in my collection, but yeah... Bittersweet Symphony tops all.

Where The Streets Have No Name - U2 - Classic U2, before Bono became Bono.

Quote for truth. There's a whole lot I could say about that, but Vagrant0 said it all.

There is no greatest song ever of course, it's all subjective and comes down to favourites that move you. Too many for me to list though.

tribute by THE D!

I specifically said not that! Tis good though. And yes, there is no greatest song ever, it all comes down to opinions and moods. Like Stampede said. I'm not sure if I prefer "Hurricaine" by Bob Dylan or "No Woman, no cry". Hmmm...

A wise man once said to me. While i was walking in memphis.

If i can't get no satisfaction, and you can't always get what you want, then i sugest you play that funky music white boy, and take it to the streets, cause all yu need is love. And now being for the benifit of mr. kite, i want you, to cary on my wayward son, and avoid the wall. For i now you hurt yorself yesterday, but you've gota get a rythum and walk that line, then you can see the light, take a walk and the wild side, but have sympathy for the devil, cause it's alwys the same old song and dance. Supperstion indeed is no man's land for we did not start the fire, Thus it is still rock and rll to me and now i wish you to dream on and try listening to the sound of silence. once you've figured that out, i hope you'll hve found that sweet child o mine, and heard a few drunken lullabies. Never forget superman's song though, beacuse it is through teh fire and flames where you can go to maggies farm. Adn either hit the highway to hell which leads to the road to hell or you can search for the stairway to heaven, for we are all seekers, in the this tenage wasteland not far form where the streets have no name, but in the end, come back top sweet home chicago cause everybody needs somebdy. If only i could figure out this crzy little thing called love and then you could find me someody to love. Just remeber don't be an american idiot, but rather eat some american pie.

I have no clue what the man was tlking about but i hope this will mak you laugh.

I'd have to say Seether - World Falls Away, it matches pretty much perfectly some things I was going through a few years back, so it 'speaks' to me on a personal level.

edit; Just to note, I do like more cheerful music aswell, but this is something that ranks so high on my standards that there is actually no song in the world that I would be able to compare to it and I think everyone has some song that moves them on a personal level, or will find one at some point.