Fallout Remastered?

Aanikron

revised and hopefully it contains the voice fix version. IF not? well. err I have no way to know what is available. I have my own copies but I can't share them, their DEV versions. Not set yet.

Use the revised, But install the old first then install the newer one right over top so you have all the data.

Kitty.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purr4me - Hello!

"so you want me to connect the dot's for you?"

Actually a coherent sentence would suffice. :wink:

Look, I'm not trying to be confrontational here. It's just when you post vague statements about mods it's apt to give people confusing impressions of your meaning.

If there's a bug people should know about, a clear concise description of the issue is far more helpul.

"Full article and coverage of the basic need to know."

You've linked to FO3Edit & TES5Edit, no secret they are one & the same program (you rename the executable to work with the corresponding game). It also works with Oblivion too.

FO3Edit's latest versions are listed as supporting Skyrim, thus the need for it to support Papyrus.

This does not mean that FO3Edit adds Papyrus scripts to Fallout 3 mods, I see no mention of that issue on any of the pages you linked to.

Are you trying to say there's a problem with the latest versions of FO3Edit when used with Fallout 3?

I personally use FO3Edit 2.5.3, the last version before "EXPERIMENTAL".

Prensa

never said that. code yes, scripts no, codes added to the esp in fields based on areas not found due to reading existing scripts in the game based in internal NEW scripting language support fora game that does not use it. This data can bee seen in other tools.

it's an advisory. take it or not. It messes up mods and master files. "scrambles the data" as the author has posted and I read that, I could not find the connection till this article was posted. that is what took place and is still taking place. It's labeled EXPERIMENTAL so I guess it's no big deal, user beware written all over it.

the demo package comes with the program, you install it into your fallout game, you have the papyrus scripts the tool uses. Done deal. now. why are they in there on a fallout nexus mod ? What purpose do these demo scripts serve in a fallout 3 game?

Kitty.

revised and hopefully it contains the voice fix version. IF not? well. err I have no way to know what is available. I have my own copies but I can't share them, their DEV versions. Not set yet.

Use the revised, But install the old first then install the newer one right over top so you have all the data.

Kitty.

Like i said i have 3 versions. Two of them are 1.0 and 1.1 so obviously i need to install 1.0 then 1.1

But one of them just has the esp, .bsa and a notepad with attributions. Im not sure what to do with this one.

I have a list of data, but am unable to discover where the spoiler tag is in this new forums editor.

It would be nice to know how to use that feature. That way, I can reduce my cluttering up this thread and just hide it till needed.

Kitty.

Purr4me - Hello!

"but am unable to discover where the spoiler tag is in this new forums editor."

It's at the top of the posting box, next to the eraser (Remove Format) symbol.

It's called "Special BBCode", click on that & you get a pull down where you can select a Spoiler.

I've always just typed the code

[spoilerX]Text Goes Here[/spoilerX]

You have to leave out the X's, I had to add those for it to not show up as a spoiler. :smile:

Prensa

Edited by prensa

Thanks Presna:

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is E877-5819

Directory of C:\Users\Practitioner\Documents\Downloads

\FO3Edit_3_0_28_EXPERIMENTAL-637-3-0-28EXP\Edit Scripts

02/07/2013 10:11 AM

02/07/2013 10:11 AM

11/18/2012 10:23 PM 1,130 Add prefix or

suffix to Editor ID.pas
11/19/2012 06:34 AM 6,532 BASH tags

autodetection.pas
12/10/2012 11:45 PM 1,841 Change load order

of FormID.pas
12/19/2012 10:54 PM 750 Change persistent

flag.pas
01/30/2013 12:15 PM 539 Export list of

cells.pas
01/15/2013 08:47 AM 516 Lights tweak

values.pas
11/22/2012 01:03 PM 563 List loaded plugins

and their masters.pas
01/10/2013 11:31 PM 1,941 List master

references.pas
12/13/2012 01:09 PM 347 List null

FormID.pas
12/13/2012 10:39 PM 825 List used baseforms

and statistics.pas
11/29/2012 11:57 AM 864 List used

meshes.pas
11/25/2012 08:51 AM 3,444 Merge plugins.pas
12/22/2012 04:06 AM 1,102 Output used assets

filenames.pas
11/30/2012 12:59 AM 1,414 Renumber FormID.pas
01/10/2013 11:50 PM 1,018 Replace text in

EDID and FULL.pas
11/24/2012 11:44 PM 2,491 Skyrim - Add

keywords.pas
11/19/2012 08:24 AM 3,509 Skyrim - Create

patch for ClimatesOfTamriel and SoundsOfSkyrim-

TheWilds.pas
11/19/2012 08:20 AM 4,374 Skyrim - Export and

import weapons stats from spreadsheet file.pas
12/07/2012 11:55 PM 792 Skyrim - List old

version plugins.pas
11/22/2012 11:04 PM 1,559 Skyrim - Remove

invalid entries.pas
02/01/2013 11:31 PM 413 Skyrim - Set

HavokDontSettle flag on BOOK references.pas
11/25/2012 06:37 AM 915 Skyrim - Show

references from location.pas
01/08/2013 08:19 AM 5,811 Skyrim - Tree LOD

files patcher.pas
11/19/2012 06:25 AM 2,046 Skyrim - Tweak

bloom, eyes adaptation, tint.pas
01/10/2013 11:42 PM 55,616 Skywind Conversion

Scripts.zip
11/24/2012 11:44 PM 2,148 Undelete and

Disable References.pas
11/19/2012 08:27 AM 2,509 Undelete

navmeshes.pas
11/22/2012 01:03 PM 533 Update records form

version.pas
11/14/2012 08:28 AM 718 _newscript_.pas
29 File(s) 106,260 bytes

Total Files Listed:
29 File(s) 106,260 bytes
2 Dir(s) 34,408,968,192 bytes free
This come with the fo3edit mod tool, I see no purpose for this being distributed for fallout3 games. I know what it is and how it works, still has no place here.

Presna: so in the process of discoveries, I dove into the codes placed as open source on the source-forge networks.

Open source meant I could build my own version which I did. But mine removes all of the data compiled for skyrims base codes.

the ending result were Identical to 3.0.15 before the edit's. My version was a direct match.

I used Notepad ++ to compare he files, I used winmerge also to compare the files, and I used Beyond compare too. +

I renamed both files to extension *.dll and used a Direct-x file compare engine to look at the codes. No changes, Identical in every way.

That's from scratch.

3.0.25 was the next gen version to come out. that tools was used to change the records in some way for (PI) merged file. how ever, when comparing the old verses the new EVE merged files using known tools I just posted, show them to be Identicle as well, but they are not.

fo3edit 3.0.15 show the changes, and they are hidden too, it does not show as a conflict but are white as listed in the background in the version that currently the updated file.

these edits do not exsist in the old version of the file. But, users of the new code are forced to revamp their mods using the updated version of fo3edit and still crash city. in time, they figure out to turn off all the optional functions hidden from them under a right click menu "Options / more".

then do over after reinstalling the mods to get them cleaned correctly.

Problem? still injects these hidden changes for a game that it was designed for. "Skyrim" and not fallout 3.

The best merging captain on this website is harrylegss222 and he dealt with strange things and still does not see these hidden changes last I heard. But anomalies he has dealt with.

The advisory applies only to this game "fallout 3". I have no idea of other games as the study was conducted for this one only.

I poke to the authors VIA PM on Bethesda forums about some things. what I was told I won't repeat here. Knowing now what I know and that new data posted pretty much hogtied the tool.

kitty.

Run FO3Edit with -nofixup command line switch to prevent internal records changes. They are done by all versions of xEdit to improve ITM matching. I don't know what is right/wrong with them, because we started to work on TES5Edit from the sources of version 3.0.21, all previous changes were done by Elminster long time ago and apparently only he knows why are they there.

The record definitions themselves for FO3 are identical between 3.0.15 and 3.0.21.

Also support for papyrus scripts in TES5Edit will not add them to fallout plugins.

Pascal scripts that come in "Edit Scripts" folder are used to automate processing of records in xEdit.

p.s. if you have test plugins and instructions on how to reproduce any bug with fo3edit, please report them https://code.google.com/p/skyrim-plugin-decoding-project/issues/list

because we started to work on TES5Edit from the sources of version 3.0.21

Now, that explains a lot.

3.0.21 was designed for New Vegas, a different engine so it's internal workings are different . What I am gonna do is upload a screen shot and post it here of the results seen in a saved game that actually works fine, they all worked fine on the mods in question and quite a few others too. These mods were edited, simply the cleaning procedure with as I posted, options turned off. You bet I did the research and I add my to 3.0.15 the features I asked you about so that's done now.

I can even post a link here to a mod I made that the editor removes all my data from when cleaned. makes junk out of it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/3956737562/Aiding%20the%20Outcasts.7z

thing about patches, most patches are made to repair mistakes in other mods, and also to make choice changes. removing opposite to master records? that never happens in the common sense of the word. take world space and cells, if they are duplicated 250 times? well no machine is going to process all of that. removing that data causes injection so it's needed.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2269/3028edit.jpg

new version of the tool has changed too much. There is a mod to test on. instructions, load the apply filter. when it is ready to look at, expand the tree and then hit remove Identical to master and watch my data go bye bye. that's happening on thousands of mods and is no longer tolerable. No more cleaning of mods done with this tool. I use only the geck and no more misplaced records occur, no more errors either.

Not your fault.

If the geck was made the same way, it could be used for all the games, but they are not, each CK is for a specified set of coding for a specified game engine and that's it. It would be grand if you could do to the geck what was done the xedit. Now that would be the cat's meow. still not going to use it on fallout 3.

Kitty.

Edited by Purr4me

xEdit is programmed to remove records that are the same (identical) as one from the plugin's masters.

Thanks for the link, I checked it and there are a lot of records that are the same as originals in Anchorage.esm, so fo3edit removes them as a part of cleaning process. The game always uses only last winning record, so having the same records as masters in most cases are not needed. Most, but not all.

So can you please tell me formid(s) of the record(s) that was modified in GECK (and what values) and shown as identical in fo3edit? That will allow to track any issues quite easily.