More random events

remnex

More random elements to keep you interested, force more risk taking and stop your favourite strategy from always working. It is supposed to be a war after all :rolleyes:

This could be achieved with;

1) More maps.

2) More timed missions - Always wondered why the crashed UFO's didn't self destruct or the ones that landed did not just take-off again. i.e Injection of a greater sense of urgency.

3) Weapon Malfunctions - Got your squad nicely positioned and the Snipers rifle jams..no matter how good a shot they are.

4) Aliens firing reaction shots when first encountered. i.e Ambush. Another heart-in-mouth event.

Edited by remnex

More random elements to keep you interested, force more risk taking and stop your favourite strategy from always working. It is supposed to be a war after all :rolleyes:

This could be achieved with;

1) More maps.

Get in line: New Maps/Map Modding Capabilities are one of the most required "extensions" given to Firaxis about this game. So far, no dice on editing maps.

2) More timed missions - Always wondered why the crashed UFO's didn't self destruct or the ones that landed did not just take-off again. i.e Injection of a greater sense of urgency.

Wondered the same thing, and shouldn't be difficult: We do have time bomb missions, would need to check if that setting is map-locked or game-locked, in order to enable them for landed/crashed UFOs.

3) Weapon Malfunctions - Got your squad nicely positioned and the Snipers rifle jams..no matter how good a shot they are.

Soldiers CAN MISS a 99% shot, that could be taken as a "gun jam", i have missed 3 90+% shots AT POINT BLANK, against a Berserker Muton, talk about "crapping in the line of fire".

4) Aliens firing reaction shots when first encountered. i.e Ambush. Another heart-in-mouth event.

The game does allow aliens to perfom movement to avoid them getting "picked on" without cover when discovered for the first time. That is a great advantage to them, and i dont think an Ambush setting could be enabled without serious modding to alien behaviour (Allow them to Shoot + Move? SectoID fire is bearable, anything higher... SectoPOD fire is a NO NO). You can get ambushed though if you walk up towards a hidden "already seen" alien, so Overwatch traps are being applied in the game.