References not Enabling/Disabling/Resurrecting

Grant2600

Hey guys,

I am unable to get NPCs to enable or disable. I've done it before with a previous mod is its worked fine (enabling that is, never needed to use disable untill now). I looked over the previous mod and made sure I did everything the same, the exception was that these new NPCs were not unique, so I changed one of them to be so like the previous mod just to see if that was the problem but it wasn't because the NPC still failed to become enabled. What I actually want to do is resurrect/respawn a number of NPC's using a script and I though that I was just doing that wrong. but it actually turns out I cant even get them to enable or disable which I have done before, so that got me thinking is it something to do with the alias that are setup. In the script the aliases are called in using ReferenceAlias and not alias (I have also tried it using alias). I have also made sure that the script is actually being run by placing debug.messagebox functions in appropriate places, so the script is being run and read but not working for some reason.

Thanks.

FIXED!

For anyone else with the same issue. There was two problems with mine, the first was that when I re entered the game to test it I kept using a save that already had being loaded and saved with an old version of the mod already on it (Remember to use a save that has not been saved with the mod active). The second was that one of my aliases were not filling, as a result all alias fills were skipped so then I called disable on one of them it did not have a alias to get a reference from, to resolve this I simply went through all of my aliases and checked "optional" so if its skipped for some reason it doesn't affect the others and you can better deal with the situation as to why it is not filling correctly.

References: http://www.gameskyrim.com/why-are-alias-not-filling-t256295.html