Is it just me, or is accuracy screwed up?

Cantora

I've played the game through a couple of times; both vanilla and modded.

No matter what happens, though, I am finding that the "Chances" of hitting an enemy is not random, and also not directly relative to the % chance that is shown. I notice that very often my entire team will miss an enemy, even if all their percentages are above 70%. It's really odd. It's as if the game has pre-determined that the enemy can not be hit.

Is anyone else seeing this? I am really losing my cool when my soldier has a 95% chance of hitting an enemy and still misses. This happens way, way too often for it to just be "chance". Does anyone know how to fix this?

-Cantora

• 2 months later...
Hit and critical chances ARE random, and they indeed use the chance % shown. Bad luck just happens. Beware though there are some random calcs the game does at the beggining of the turn and stores them for the rest of the turn, so if you keep reloading the same savegame and performing the same actions you may get the same results. That's specialy noticeable with rockets, not sure if it affects regular shots though. Solution? Playing with Ironman and assuming mistakes and odd chances alike. I've found it's more fun to recover from a bad move or a bad game rather than making the perfect moves all the time. :)