Dialogue Problems

Werewolf334

I have noticed that a recent windows update has ruined Dialogue speech in Fallout 3 and a series of other games. To fix this simply reinstall your Driver sound card and Driver software for the game dialogue speech to come back. The varying sound cards include XFI to realtec or basically any HD audio sound card. I was very mad when I figured out that the windows update ruined my audio setup, because it took me hours to set it up for reality surround sound.

In hope that people with the same problem doesn't frustratingly uninstall the game like I did to try and fix it and spend hours resetting up the game...

Just reinstall your sound driver and software.

I was just about to make a topic to ask how to fix this since i'm having the same problem with low volumes with dialogues.

EDIT: just one question: Do i first have to uninstall my drivers or can i just reinstall the current drivers without uninstalling?

Either way should work. If your install doesn't automatically uninstall the current version or offer a repair method it is recommended to uninstall the drivers first. :D Glad someone noticed.

If this doesn't solve your problem, I am not sure what will. Keep me updated :D

IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR HD AUDIO USERS::

Every time you change volumes or experience the "not so HD audio" in fallout three it means your INI file got changed! Yes, Ridiculous!

Goto your fallout.ini and find the audio area and change

bEnableEnviroEffectsOnPC=0

to

bEnableEnviroEffectsOnPC=1

this makes the games audio much more enjoyable. An example to test the difference for yourself is to run through megaton before you repair one of the pipes without the environmental effects on, and then after. The audio is much more clear when speaking to people. The directional sound is improved, and you can hear thing further away.

ENJOY,

another HD audio problem I found.

Archived