What race have you always played in skyrim?

Bjornheim

Orc. Always Orc. Probably as far back as Morrowind. After just over 800 hours in Skyrim, he's still my toon.

Race doesn't factor into Skyrim the way it should; Yes, I'm an Argonian who hasn't been to Whiterun and hasn't been declared the Dragonborn yet, but I can totally walk around in Windhelm and no one says anything? Because... I paid for the game? Come on now. What kind of BS is that? A Dunmer character who supports Ulfric because the Empire is bad... even though when it's all over the Dunmer's people still have to live at the bottom of the city near an open sewer? Really?

Live Another Life mod fixed this for me. I can't stand the vanilla start. Empire = EVIL KILL CHOP YER HEAD OFF, Stormcloaks = YAY! GOOD GUY REBELS! until you find out they're basically xenophobic, racist hillbilly arsehats who want a "purer" Skyrim free of other races. As a proud city Orc who loves the Legion and enjoys the benefits of living in as close to a multicultural society as Tamriel has ever had, that beginning never sat well with me. I always felt like I was being pushed toward helping Ulfric and his minions, and I hate being spoonfed how I should feel about things.

Orc. Always Orc. Probably as far back as Morrowind. After just over 800 hours in Skyrim, he's still my toon.

Race doesn't factor into Skyrim the way it should; Yes, I'm an Argonian who hasn't been to Whiterun and hasn't been declared the Dragonborn yet, but I can totally walk around in Windhelm and no one says anything? Because... I paid for the game? Come on now. What kind of BS is that? A Dunmer character who supports Ulfric because the Empire is bad... even though when it's all over the Dunmer's people still have to live at the bottom of the city near an open sewer? Really?

Live Another Life mod fixed this for me. I can't stand the vanilla start. Empire = EVIL KILL CHOP YER HEAD OFF, Stormcloaks = YAY! GOOD GUY REBELS! until you find out they're basically xenophobic, racist hillbilly arsehats who want a "purer" Skyrim free of other races. As a proud city Orc who loves the Legion and enjoys the benefits of living in as close to a multicultural society as Tamriel has ever had, that beginning never sat well with me. I always felt like I was being pushed toward helping Ulfric and his minions, and I hate being spoonfed how I should feel about things.

witch is a missed chance of Bethesda.

this game pretends time long past, 3.000 years ago humans where also only boosting and insulting about other races.

and it will have made the game boosted into more realistic, funny and completer for instance getting insulted for being a outsider in skyrim, witch in reality will have happened.

just look for instance gladiator, Spartacus insulted countless times for being a Thracian.

in morrowind, i play an high elf, the main reason is that you can get 100% magic defence, no matter what and that i got 4X more mana than a Nords without mana perk can have. In oblivion i play Breton. Kind of Obvious, since i can call Sheogorath Ann Marie (quite a Female Name) and that his race in the Creation Kit is a breton. And Even without knowing that, Breton in oblivion have 50% of magic resistance (use a ring and it rise to 100%), i can have 103% of return damage with two rings and a shield you can get in a certain quest. In skyrim, i play a Nord. Talos is a Nord, you are dragonborn, and this is the character that can get the most Magical Resistance exept Dark Elf who is the same thing. (you can easily get 85% of resistance magic, and a stackable 85% resistance in Frost, and maybe a little less in Fire and/or Shock). Edited by lquebecois