Getting areas, operational again

Laiko

I don't know if anybody actually considered modding this yet, I did a search and came up with nothing so here goes...

Since the G.E.C.K came out I was wondering if it was possible to get certain areas operational again.

Examples:

The Nuka Cola Factory - After finishing the quest you find out it was still operational for a short while before jamming up and spouting 3 quantums. I was always disappointed that I couldn't create anymore quantums even tho I had the recipe at hand.

The Laboratory of the Mad Scientist( My memory is kinda rusty, I have not played Fallout 3 after beating it) If anyone knows which Laboratory I am talking about its the Scientist who was manipulating Super Mutants and ghouls with chips. After you get rid of the fool, I thought it was rather a waste that you had so many notes at hand that you weren't able to utilize the very same technology to manipulate ghouls, super mutants. Another mod idea is that the Scientist wont attack you but give you the option of joining up with her.

Robotech Facilities - Always had a urge to create my own robots and etc.

Misc: Boats, cars, motorcycles(I know this has already been mentioned but might as well put it in)

Those are only a few areas and possible candidates for such a mod that are essential for a greater realistic immersion of the game.

I would like to remind everyone of Tenpenny Towers, it was a broken down heap yet it was refurbished by Allistair Tenpenny. He got people to work for him and got it into working condition again. IF you sided with the ghouls, you wreck the place up and then it is refurbished again by the Ghouls. So I believe it is only right that we, the players are allowed to construct and build and repair existing buildings and facilities.

How is this possible? to make this realistic?

Have the option of interacting with NPCS and hiring them to your side to construct and repair such places or enslave people to work under you. I believe the slave system in the game is flawed to the extent your not able to order them to do anything much. This also could follow in a period of construction and have it that the place wont be operational within 3 game days, but rather months or years as its the wasteland and materials are limited.

Since I am procrastinating I might as well add in a few more ideas. Create several more tag skills in the game, representing Construction and Crafting and the works. To offset the needed skill points, raising the max level to 40+ and creating Multi-layered Perks to create a more ongoing experience.

Anyway please discuss and remain on topic of such a mod.

Archived