The Manhatten Project

MattKaiser

That sounds good. It's nice to hear from you. I look forward to that package. I will upload a package of everything I have done so far (pictures and maybe the support cable models)

I am looking for a pace to host a website for this but haven't found a good place to host if for free. I am using Zymic but it is very unreliable. (www.67246.zxq.net) Lots of proxy errors. If anybody knows any good free hosts let me know.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some backstory on what I have in mind:

The Core

The Core is a community in the ruins of Manhattan Island, New York. At one time, the Core was one of the largest and most populous post-war settlements, with Central Park serving as some of the only true agriculture in the wastelands of America.

While New York City was bombarded with nuclear weapons during the war, much of Manhattan that comprises the Core was spared, and has very little radiation compared to places like the Capital Wasteland.

The largest problem afflicting the Core is, and always has been, the Ghoul Virus. The Feral Ghouls of the Core are unlike the Ghouls of other parts of the United States: they are the product of a highly infectious virus that turns the victim into a disease-carrying Feral Ghoul.

It's not clear where the Ghoul Virus came from, although the leading theory amongst residents of the Core is that it was a bio-weapon that the Chinese unleashed upon America during the war.

The survivors of the war realized the threat the Ghoul Virus presented, and sealed Manhattan off from the rest of New York by destroying all the bridges and tunnels connecting it to the mainland. The Feral Ghouls don't swim, and generally seem to avoid water, so the island of Manhatten made a natural safe haven.

With the island secure, the people of the Core managed to survive and eventually prosper. They opened up trade with nearby Rikers Island, a colony of pre-war prisoners and staff and their descendants. Rikers, a brutal dictatorship ruled by a tyrant-like Warden, had a working arrangement with the Core: food and "breeding stock" in exchange for manual laborers, soldiers, and manufactured goods.

Over a year ago, the decades of amicable trading between the Core and Rikers turned sour over a bad food shipment. The current Warden of Rikers, a man more cruel than most of his predecessors, wanted repairations for the bad food and demanded a more one-sided trade agreement. The Core's communities refused, and in response men from Rikers sent a robot to drive a barge near the mainland, allowing the barge to fill up with Feral Ghouls. The robot then drove the barge into Manhatten Island, unleashing Feral Ghouls onto the Core.

Now, the Core has lost most of its people and has been forced to build a wall along 110th St., just at the northern edge of Central Park.

Desperate for help, the Core has sent one of its last functional Vertibirds to Rivet City to ask for assistance with the Ghoul horde and the numerous raids from Rikers.

Rebuffed by the Rivet City Council and the Brotherhood of the Citadel, the pilot is just about to return home empty-handed when he comes upon the Vault Dweller...

Well seeing how the backstory seems to have a lot of reference to the Ghoul Virus, maybe make it a seperate main quest, or like a expansion of the game, with it's own esm most likely.

That's the idea. Visiting the Core will have a variety of smaller sub-quests, but the "main quest" of being in the Core will be assisting the people of the Core with the problems related to the Ghoul Virus (or, choosing the bad karma option and siding with Rikers and helping the Warden take over the Core)

you have turned the Manhatten project into a zombie survival game

I *ban* love you man!!!

Only concern is how well it'll run on my pc.

The suspension city i been drawing is coming along, i put pencil to paper when the mood takes me, im fickle like that. Mostly because its a *ban* male without a father! I tend to concentrate on character, vehical and weapon designs. Ill try and get it done before the weekend, but if im gonna be completely honest, i'm struggling.

Perhaps instead of the vertabird landing on rivetcity (problematic because of the many other mods that will change things there) you could have it so that it piked up the landing beacon for the silos (city I am working on) and landed in there vertabird port.

The ghoul virus, maybe a reverse engineered version of fev the Chinese spies stole.

Some more factions we could have: the mob (big cities need to have organized crime), whats left of the police combating the mob, the bos, enclave. All these guys would be sub-factions in the main conflict. I like the central park agriculture idea! Fighting hoards of ferals would be crazy fun!

There could be a sub-plot between the mob and the yet-to-be-named good guys to gain control over the empire state building.

I think the Empire state building should be mostly intact (it is a very tough heavy steel structure and can withstand a lot of punishment) it should be very beat up but still standing.

I think New york needs a slightly different style than DC, a bit more art-deco style. I will start working on some new meshes soon (the simple things like garbage cans, buss shelters, taller buildings. Than the harder things like subway entrances/stations/cars). Its the common items that make the most difference.

I have been examining google maps and have some ideas.

I will post more info tomorrow (its 10:30 pm here)

Hiya Everyone, Glad to hear someone is also trying to remake New York.

I am actually from another team, and we have been working on it ourselves. In fact, Our head guy even posted HERE

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=84494&hl=

He doesn't frequent this site often, but I do, and I happened across this topic just now. I would like to respectfully request you guys to rename your project, since we did post first here. Our storyline revolves around the name, and yours just seems to use it because it's catchy (it is. hah.).

Our script is already done, dialouge tree's be damned, now were working on figuring out all the mapping aspects.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hiya Everyone, Glad to hear someone is also trying to remake New York.

I am actually from another team, and we have been working on it ourselves. In fact, Our head guy even posted HERE

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=84494&hl=

He doesn't frequent this site often, but I do, and I happened across this topic just now. I would like to respectfully request you guys to rename your project, since we did post first here. Our storyline revolves around the name, and yours just seems to use it because it's catchy (it is. hah.).

Our script is already done, dialouge tree's be damned, now were working on figuring out all the mapping aspects.

Thank you for your consideration.

Well, that's cool. I'll give up on this project and you can feel free to get the guys who were helping me to help you. I'll work on something else instead.

Archived