The Manhatten Project

MattKaiser

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, that's cool. I'll give up on this project and you can feel free to get the guys who were helping me to help you. I'll work on something else instead.

There is no reason to give UP on your project. You have interesting ideas, and it is -completely- different than what we are trying to accomplish. We just like our name:P

Hmmmmm :confused: This is not good. There are a few ways for us to go, one would be to rename our project the other would be to change cities. We could switch to the Commonwealth (Ottawa, Toronto, etc.) or maybe Europe (England).

If we change the name we could do our best to make our mod super kick-ass.

If we change cities we could do something completely different.

I will get more info on the other project and see what they are doing and how far along they are.

Sooo MattKaiser are you saying you are leaving? If so than best of luck, but if you stay we all could rework this project into something else. We have a lot of good ideas and talent here, don't give up yet!

So post what you think we could change the name to and/or what city we could switch to.

PS. CFriis87 welcome aboard we needed a good voice actor, and access to pro equipment is a huge bonus!

MattKaiser, if you have decided to drop the project, I would like to pick it up in your place. Changing the name and/or city should be easy enough to do. If we change the city, we should pick someplace with equally impressive and recognizable architecture. London maybe?

I was going with a different story setup, which can be easily modified to fit MattKaiser's plot and/or another city if necessary:

Synopsis: The DC Brotherhood of Steel receives a cryptic, emergency transmission from their New York detachment requesting immediate backup. When the backup arrives, the detachment is no where to be found. Being occupied with the Enclave in DC, the Brotherhood requests your assistance in finding out what happened to the detachment. Through a series of quests, your character learns that the local Supermutants are organizing under a chieftain and forging an alliance with the Enclave to bring down the Brotherhood and eventually, humanity.

If its only the name, does that mean you can't use "New York", "Manhattan", and "The Empire State Building"?

If so, then you're left with "Core", "Viral", "Ghoul", and a few other words...

Hmm, Fallout 3: Viral Core...

EDIT: I'd be interested to help (in a few ways) as long as the plot retain it's viral nature.... Cause F3's main storyline and game already bores me to death... And I never actually played it THAT FAR!

That's coming from a guy who played too much video games...

Annnnd...

@MattKaiser: Don't say that you'll give away your would-be members... It'll feel like your treating them as objects...

London was done in by Hellgate: London...

My specialty is research, but its not like everybody doesn't know google...

Oh, A good city could be Chicago, with the old fashion mafia, tommy guns, and all...

EDIT: Chicago also has some history, check it out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Chicago

But for the mobs part: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Capone

Paris? Not many tall buildings, though. Mostly just old ones. Tokyo? Shanghai? Either of those might work into Kaiser's plot-line pretty well.. if it was a Chinese-developed virus.

EDIT: Chicago wouldn't be a bad choice either, but Fallout: Tactics took place there. We'd need to decide if we want to throw in stuff about the "Midwestern" BoS.

Fallout Wiki: Brotherhood of Steel

Hmm, then that could mean it wouldn't be in America anymore (I live in Canada). I'm not sure about the countries of Asia (other than China) because they don't play a big part in the fallout storyline... Heck, I'd be surprised if the Super Mutants found a way to the other side of the world...

Archived