Over the shoulder Archery mod?

firydoom3

just wondering if there is a mod to put the camera over your shoulder when using a bow in third person, the overhead view makes it impossible for me to aim but i want to play in third person. I looked all over and couldn't find one, anyone know if one exists?

I'm unaware of a camera mod such as this exists, so I adjusted the Skyrim.ini to make this happen. I've chucked together the coordinates and the video itself rather quickly so it isn't perfect, but it gives the basic idea. I've written what needs to be done within the videos description. Hope it helps and post back if you want further assistance :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsyHUhEsFWI

Edited by LargeStyle

I'm unaware of a camera mod such as this exists, so I adjusted the Skyrim.ini to make this happen. I've chucked together the coordinates and the video itself rather quickly so it isn't perfect, but it gives the basic idea. I've written what needs to be done within the videos description. Hope it helps and post back if you want further assistance :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsyHUhEsFWI

Thank you, and this is really helpful, but i have to have something i can turn off as I'm playing my brothers copy and he doesn't want a an over the shoulder view. I guess the search goes on.

Whether the mod is an "official" type .esp or .ini tweak, you'll have to go through a process one way or the other to add or remove the mod. AFAIK, the camera is controlled only via the coordinates that are within the Skyrim.ini file as I've looked and never come across camera information such as this within the Creation Kit. I even teamed up with the "Realistic First Person View" mod (now called the Joy of Perspective) and I've spent a considerable amount of time working with others that were also familiar with camera modding (or more the point, the lack of modding options that are available).

I honestly don't think you'll find anything better unless the Creation Kit is altered by Bethesda, and I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

So you can either use my video descriptions .ini adjustments for whenever you play it and delete a few lines of code when you're not playing it, or you can not have what you want.

Whether the mod is an "official" type .esp or .ini tweak, you'll have to go through a process one way or the other to add or remove the mod. AFAIK, the camera is controlled only via the coordinates that are within the Skyrim.ini file as I've looked and never come across camera information such as this within the Creation Kit. I even teamed up with the "Realistic First Person View" mod (now called the Joy of Perspective) and I've spent a considerable amount of time working with others that were also familiar with camera modding (or more the point, the lack of modding options that are available).

I honestly don't think you'll find anything better unless the Creation Kit is altered by Bethesda, and I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

So you can either use my video descriptions .ini adjustments for whenever you play it and delete a few lines of code when you're not playing it, or you can not have what you want.

well, like i said its my brother's copy, he bought it, its his computer, so i have to abide by his rules, its disappointing that they designed it that way, but i understand, i guess its first person or nothing then

Make a copy of the ini file and save it to somewhere (create a subfolder for example).

Edit the ini to our camera settings and play.

When you are done, switch the ini files.

Your brother can play without over-the-shoulder view.

When you want to play, switch inis again.