Problem with Blender v2.49b NIF Exporting

kwoodard65

Good Day,

I am trying to merge respective meshes from TESIV Oblivion under Blender v2.49b. While I have been partially successful in my attempts, I am running into a problem during final export from my Blender file to NIF. Here are my latest error messages:

Here is a more detailed error under Blender v2.49b:

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.7 (running on Blender 249, PyFFI 2.1.10)

niftools.blender.export:WARNING:Lost 0.147529 in vertex weights while creating a skin partition for Blender object 'Minotaur' (nif block 'Tri Minotaur 0')

NifExportError: Cannot export mesh with unweighted vertices. The unweighted vertices have been selected in the mesh so they can easily be identified.

I have examined my vertex groups and have created new assignments. I have also removed vertices doubles.

Cheers,

KWITS

If it keeps reporting unweighted vertices and highlights them after returning to the workspace, they still have no weight. They may be assigned to vertex groups perhaps, but with a weight of "0" this will have no effect.

The warning beforehand could have something to do with it, but it's doubtable, because it usually means a vertex is assigned to "more groups than supported", which is the opposite of "no groups at all".

That's all? Not much information there. All you can see from this screenshot is you have a Vertex Group called "Wings" and can now assign a weight of "0.5" to every vertex you highlight and click "assign" on.

Which weights any of your vertices already have, if any at all, can't be seen there. This menu block is for assigning, or removing, not for displaying current values.

What happens if you select some bones in "Pose Mode" and move them around? Do certain vertices stay at their place although they should move? Then they're not weighted to the bones you just moved, and maybe not to any at all.

Each single vertex can have its own unique weight to any of your Vertex Groups. As you can have multiple vertices selected/highlighted at once this menu block can impossibly be used to show their current weights.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

What you can do is when the main screen comes back on from reporting the error, it should have that particular vertice selected for you. An easy fix is to then just move that to a certain amount on the X or Y axis and then weight paint it, then move it back to the same place. For example, I'll move the vertice to 5 on the X axis then once finished with the paint, move it to -5, which will then place the vertice back in the original spot. Then try to export. You may have to do that several times until all hidden vertices are finished.

• 1 month later...