Mod request: Killable Children with severe karma penalty

Earl of Grey

Hi all you modders and mod-users out there :smile:

This is my first post on this forum, been walzing around downloading mods, but haven't really bothered commenting on anything, since I'm not contributing on the mod-scene. -I don't know squat about modding :blush:

Anyway, I did a quick search on the forum and couldn't find any requests for this, so here it comes:

I would really appreciate a mod that allowed killable children and punished you with a severe reduction in karma.

I remeber the old "Child killer" title that was branded permanently on your karma-sheet in the old Fallouts.

That really had a heavy emotionall impact on me, everybody knew that you, a rotten wothless stinker of a man, had killed children. (hm...sounds like something Peter Molyneux could have said ;D )

It really gave character to...my character :happy:

I tried the existing child killer mod, but I didn't like the mini-adult bodies or the "empty", gore-free children shells, and without any real karma penalty it didn't much for me.

-Good mod though, great acomplishment without the G.E.C.K. :happy:

So could anyone attempt this, now that the G.E.C.K. is out?

-edit: removed some stinky spelling.

We can only pray that some modding genius out there reads this thread and finds it in his heart to help us ;)

Well, Child Killer (no perk) is out already. You can blow little Billy's head off, arms, whatever. If I remember, it doesnt actually give you a Perk (negative), but I THINK it gives massive karma loss. Search the download section for Child and you'll find it.

I'm going into those stupid caverns with my flamer. Sizzled children for the win.

I'm looking at it right now, and my guess is that for the karma reduction to work on children only you'd have to set up a separate children faction and attach a new script to it, either as a quest objective or a global event.

The karma hit you take in the Killable Children mod is handled as a generic murder because children can't ordinarily be killed. They'll probably update that mod with new karma effects at some point. Fortunatley scripting doesn't take too long in the GECK.

I'm looking at it right now, and my guess is that for the karma reduction to work on children only you'd have to set up a separate children faction and attach a new script to it, either as a quest objective or a global event.

Fantastic :biggrin:

Good luck, wish I could provide some technical feedback...but I really don't know anything about modding.

Any effort is a good effort :thumbsup:

The karma hit you take in the Killable Children mod is handled as a generic murder because children can't ordinarily be killed. They'll probably update that mod with new karma effects at some point. Fortunatley scripting doesn't take too long in the GECK.

They did a good job on that mod yes, but without any extra penalty to karma (you're killing children for christsake).

For me it didn't feel like you got the right feedback from your actions. (wich probably was purely because of technical limitations due to the lack of a construction set)

I can't stress i enough that I don't meen any disrespect to the makers of the first child killer mod, I admire their work :thanks:

Archived