Morrowind Modelling question.

Otherworlder

Hello there.

Was mighty interested in doing some Morrowind modifications aside from constructing maps and cave systems for myself, and wondered about if NPC's, like for instance Skeletons, Bonewalkers or a Dwemer Steam Centurion could be... disassembled, piece-by-piece then saved as individual .nif files to be used as body parts later...?

Main reason being is that I'm very interested in creating my own races. Demons, vampires and half-werewolves aren't my thing... If anyone would know or would have a clue on what to use to achieve this, I would be very appreciative... By releasing race mods. Not looking for a step-by-step, I want a chance to experiment, I use the Softimage XSI ModTool 7.1, I thought it would be easier for me to use since I've used programs like GMax and 3DMax, so it's sorta similar.

Cheers!

Hi mate

The simple answer is no. You could break them apart yourself but to be honest it would be quicker making a new model.

So, you're adamant nobody on the forums would have a clue like on how to do so, and I doubt making a new model entirely would be time-efficient whereas taking apart models and setting them as separate meshes, re-texturing the models would be...

Guess I'll have to fiddle around and dissect them myself, as you've said.

Thanks for posting at least.

The models for the creatures are one piece unlike the body parts of the people.

The problem isn't taking them apart and glueing them back together in a different arrangement, the problem is the animation.

How long have you modelled and what are you using?