[Request] Big S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Overhaul

Darqspeaker

I remember the Importance of every Stat in Fallout 1 & 2 and i want that in Fallout 3. Some thinks are easy to made but other thinks are quite difficult and i suck in scripting.

Here are my Ideas:

Strengh

- carry weight = 50 + 25 x strength (like the old games, easy to change)

- melee damage = ST 1-5 standard damage ( i think it was 5) ST 6+ bonus for every point in Strength (i don't know how to do that)

- problems with heavy weapons (why can a whimp with 1 Strength use a Minigun?)

the accuracy and damage in V.A.T.S. and realtime should bme decreased

(my formula: 3x (weapon weight - 3 x strength) = damage and accuracy reduce in %; for example a minigun have a weight of 18 and you have 1 Strength; 3 x (18 - 3 x 1) = 45 % damage and accuracy reduce)

Perception

- enemy movement marker (its a good think, don't want to change)

- points of interest marker (if not, it should be based on perception, so explorer need i little more perception)

- accuracy in V.A.T.S. (and realtime), somebody with 10 perception should hit much better than somebody with 5 perception

Endurance

- starting health = 50 + 10 x endurance (easy to do)

- health per level = 5 + 2 x endurance (now endurance have a meaning)

- heal rate when sleeping (i think somebody with low endurance have to sleep longer; sleeping have be changed for this)

- poison and rad resistance (no changes)

Charisma

- more follower ( 1-3 charisma = no follower; 4-6 = 1 follower; 7-9 charisma = 2 follower; 10 charisma = 3 follower)

- speech check (no changes)

Intelligence

- skill points = 5 + 2 x intelligence (like in fallout 1 & 2)

- max skill points through books = 20 x 5 intelligence (when somebody have 9 intelligence, he can't use "lying congress style", when he have 70 skill points in speech and with 1 intelligence not over 30) or 60 x 5 Intelligence if max skill points become 200 ( 300 is to much)

Agility

- action points = 50 + 5 x agility (reminds me on something...)

- damage reduce in V.A.T.S. = 10 + 3 x AG

- damage reduce during block

Luck

- critical hit (no change)

- V.A.T.S. critical hit = LK

- remove skill points from luck (easy to do)

I need help to archieve this, i have no idea in the moment to do it all alone.

I posted something like this. More a modification of skill points based on your special, so that no skill can be raised to more than 10X the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stat governing it.

Got a 1 in CHA? Be prepared to max your barter, speech, etc... stat out at 10.

The only way to get 100 in a skill is to have a 10 in the stat governing it.

I also want to move Educated to level 14. (And Adamantium Skeleton to lvl 4 to compensate. It's useless anyway)

I posted something like this. More a modification of skill points based on your special, so that no skill can be raised to more than 10X the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stat governing it.

Got a 1 in CHA? Be prepared to max your barter, speech, etc... stat out at 10.

The only way to get 100 in a skill is to have a 10 in the stat governing it.

I also want to move Educated to level 14. (And Adamantium Skeleton to lvl 4 to compensate. It's useless anyway)

My goal is it, to make it more retro and i don't like the idea of a maximum skill point lesser than 100. Its to low anyway.

So I've heard.

Seems too high to me.

Having almost every skill on 100 = TGM

A maximum of 200 skill points is good (200 is the maximum and is good as 100 is now) but also, books shouldn't raise until that (like in Fallout). reach 200 in all skills, when books don't come over 100. ((25 points per level = 625 points) + 48 + max. ca. 600 through books = 1273 points -> 13 x 200)

Archived