DR. STRANGELOVE

Laiko

I was wondering if there were any fans of classic movies like the one stated in the title.

Its a movie from 1963 and basically its storyline runs around about a nuclear showdown with Russia. Here is a some details concerning the movie.

At its heart "Dr. Strangelove" is more than a satire of Cold War politics. It is a condemnation of patriotism and macho posturing. Cigar chomping lunatic General. Ripper concocts his theories about communist conspiracies concerning 'precious bodily fluids' following an episode of impotence. The aged military advisers to the PResident salivate at the prospects of serving a breeding harem in underground mining shafts, to re-populate the Earth after the fallout has receded.

George C. Scott is a rabid parody of his future Best Actor role in "Patton", as a general nearly as eager to nuke Russia as is Jack D. Ripper. The B-52 bombing crew is led by Major Kong, a Texan caricature whose jingoistic speeches about American greatness provide inspiration for his crew. Pickens' fall to Earth, riding an atomic bomb as if it was a bull at a rodeo, is one of the most famous scenes in cinema. Another member of the B-52 crew is played by James Earl Jones. The future voice of Darth Vader made his feature debut in "Dr. Strangelove"

The War Room was such a convincing set that, when elected President, Ronald Reagan had to be told that he couldn't see it because it did not exist. The lights on the map of Russia that follow the trajectory of the B-52's were created by backing floodlights, see through holes cut into the map. (This was similar to how the stars were depicted in the opening credits of the following year's "Star Trek" series.)

What I want might be a bit too much for a one person job, hopefully there is a awesome modder in the community familiar with the movie and will be up to it.

Requesting

1. Duplicate the War Room with scattered documents discussing about the nuke and etc to fit with the Fallout 3 lore.

2. Create a underground mining shaft/vault with Dr. Strangelove and all those military advisers inside with a harem, or possibly have them all dead or some alive and create a story involving what happened.

I am pretty sure with some tweaking to the story that this can perfectly fit into the Fallout 3 lore by changing the dates or situation but keeping the overall decision of escaping to the underground. I just cant wait to see a ex. Nazi mad scientist(Dr. Strangelove) restraining himself from hailing Hitler and moving around in his wheelchair.

Although much later, another movie with a good war room that involved a nuclear war scare was WarGames. I was searching for a good picture of it, and this was the best I could find, I'm afraid, but it also includes a pic from Dr Strangelove of George C. Scott's character in the war room. :)

http://www.crispyneurons.com/wiki/Situation

Actually, it is

DR. STRANGELOVE, or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

Excellent movie, like most movies by Kubrik. I agree it could be an amazing add to the game, I agree Wargames was too techy to be fallouty, but still an interesting idea.

About the cigar animations, shouldnt be too difficult if we consider that Walter guy in Megaton and Greta in Underworld have a smoke every now n then, rite?

• 4 years later...

I think it would be better if the main characters dad was replaced with General Jack Ripper(who would still be your dad but not a general) maybe call him "James Ripper" and the dialogue and maybe some holotapes changed It would probably be considered a joke mod but it would fit really well with the game considering your character's dad is so involved with "Project Purity" and clean water and it would be really awesome if he had Jack Ripper's voice rather than silent dialogue.