ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Floor tile accidentally removed in Creation Kit + broken follower

rinxja

I am a total noob in modding, and tried to add an follower in CK following the Wiki instructions. Everything went well in the beginning but when I tried to move the follower inside Silver Blood in, I somehow managed to remove a floor tile. I didn't notice it in the first place so I saved, and now the follower is stuck in the broken inn. I re-installed the game, but still the problem is there. Creation Kit doesn't show the follower in Actors list, but she still roams in the inn. What should I do to fix the problem?

Undoing accidental edits is part of learning how to work with the CK - it's pretty easy to accidentally move something and have a cell marked as changed. This is a post showing you how to revert edits from within the CK itself using the file > open and then Details dialogue. This the general article on the CK wiki describing the same process but using tes5edit and going into more detail. It also has Gopher's "cleaning with TES5edit" video embedded in the page. I generally prefer tes5edit because of the ease of use, but the CK details button will allow you to undo small accidents just as well.

Your follower story is a little unclear - any actor in the game is by definition found in the CK when you have your mod loaded - perhaps you're just not using the right search terms or looking in the right place. Use the filter box on top of the object window to enter part of the name (editor ID) and then in the box on the left-hand side scroll all the way down and select "all".

Edited by acidzebra

Undoing accidental edits is part of learning how to work with the CK - it's pretty easy to accidentally move something and have a cell marked as changed. This is a post showing you how to revert edits from within the CK itself using the file > open and then Details dialogue. This the general article on the CK wiki describing the same process but using tes5edit and going into more detail. It also has Gopher's "cleaning with TES5edit" video embedded in the page. I generally prefer tes5edit because of the ease of use, but the CK details button will allow you to undo small accidents just as well.

Your follower story is a little unclear - any actor in the game is by definition found in the CK when you have your mod loaded - perhaps you're just not using the right search terms or looking in the right place. Use the filter box on top of the object window to enter part of the name (editor ID) and then in the box on the left-hand side scroll all the way down and select "all".

I solved the problem - I copied bsa and skyrim.esm files from my husbands Skyrim-files, and deactivated all mods I had active in NMM. The follower and hole in the floor disappeared and everything seems to work as it should.

I think I somehow messed up the main files, because the follower didn't show up anywhere as esp. file, it was only visible in CK and after uninstalling it still was in the game for some reason, and didn't show up in the CK anymore. English is not my native tongue so it's kind of hard to explain in detail what happened, and the fact that I don't even know what I did doesn't help to explain.. I have successfully altered few existing NPC:s in Skyrim before, and they have always showed up in the data folder & NMM. This time I didn't remember how to do that.

Thanks for the tips, they will come in handy.