Whatever happened to Monster Mod

Alanna

As I understand it, there was some illegal cross-porting of game assets and the author was banned.

I don't understand what this could possibly mean when I see all these mods with hair from the Sims?

Newly made Sim hairs are made by Sim modders just like those modders found on nexus, if you get permission from those modders you can make use of their stuff again just like modders on nexus.

HOWEVER Monster mod contained stolen (sadly it was) assets from other games (such as borderlands) and stolen content from other modders (who asked that those items be removed but where ignored or refused), so even through Dogtown1 (monster mod's creator) created a great and popular mod he is not above Nexus law and was banned.

You might want to keep a eye on this mod though, it looks to be very promising:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/862936-monster-wars-new-vegas-edition/

Edited by nivea

HOWEVER Monster mod contained stolen (sadly it was) assets from other games (such as borderlands) and stolen content from other modders (who asked that those items be removed but where ignored or refused), so even through Dogtown1 (monster mod's creator) created a great and popular mod he is not above Nexus law and was banned.

:teehee: wut? Dogtown got banned? I find the reason odd simply because you'd think such a highly rated author might want to consider NOT using assets without permission simply because he himself probably wouldn't want the same done to himself.

I don't intend to post-jack I'm just slow on that news. :hurr: