• AAIDragons
    • AAIHorkers
    • AAISabrecats
    • AAIBears
    • AAIDeer
    • AAITrolls
    • AAIGiants/Mammoths
    • AAISlaughterfish

After a year of searching I have been looking for a really good use of AI that adds more Npc's to the game.

Unfortunately I have taken this into my own hands and have actually created something awesome using the great Creation Kit package system.

Npc mods that add more Npc's simpley just add spawns and random events witch can often go wrong.

Im not saying any of mods are bad they unfortunately dont use any sort of advanced packing just the generic ones. There are also projects that have been abandon. I was looking for something more advanced (I've test 3 different mods that were all very similar hehe)

I have created an completely random Package System for all the custom Npc's that I created over 100+ most that are generic, some have dialogue.

The Npc's I have created are not random events or spawned but are indeed real time living beings in skyrim. (they never lived real lives in other mods. -.-)

There will also be quite a few versions, for optimization and performance

Now the moment you have been reading this topic about the AI system (or packaging)

Game system tweaks

I have created a package system for each Hold and customly made for different Npc's.

Npc's only have 4-7 packages in their list and that is for sleeping and doing a custom action like following, attacking and the randomized package system.

The random package has a list of random procdures that Npc's will carry out from the moment they wake up.

The best part about it is that I have no idea what they are going to do from that point on.

I just created a list of things they can do like going to the inns browsing the markets walking around the city/town.

I'm also working on conditions that the Npc will have to do when they need to do it. i.e when they are tired they will go to sleep, when they are hungry they will eat, etc. The purpose of the conditions are to add more realisim to the AI.

If im hungry i will eat. So why do the Npcs have to be told to eat through a package? They are the ones who will choose to eat, sleep, walk, run, hunt, etc.

this will be as a seperate full version once the whole mod is complete.

Noticeable changes from other Npc's mods?

-No huge in line walking Npc's (that always anoyyed me)

-No spawns or random encounters, they really do live a life

-Lower class Npc's live on the outskirts in shacks etc

-High class Npc's live in the nobles chamber or keep

-Much more diversity with the generic names (instead of Rogue it could be a Eastmarch Rogue, or Druadac Ranger)

-Npc's will move faster in rain to the nearest inn or go home, Npc's in snow will go to the nearest inn or go home

-Beggars will go to a fire source either inside or outside to warm up in the morning or evening.

-More factions/guilds

-Refugee camps and tribal camps

-Atmorian imagrints or travellers (the containate where the nords originally came from)

-Explorers, treasure hunters, travellers and adventures live in real time all over Skyrim

-Some Npc's really work for their money to buy items and food in real time (custom packaged)

-Events on a special day where you may witness a assassin killing some one professionally at night when no ones around or a thug or cutthroat may stick you up if your in the right place at the right time every ones got schedules remember

-Npcs I have made that get a bounty will be thrown in jail, if bounty is for murder they are killed

-Thugs and Drunks really do get drunk

-Kids know who you are and will give you treats :P

As a added edition as of 02/01/2013 the official name for my mod series is AAI (Advanced AI)

AAIWhiterun Finished/Being Polished

AAIRiverwood (is a WIP)

AAI - Cities

all the cities and villiges of Skyrim (WIP)

I may do the following:

AAI - Wilderness

AAIHunters (Real time living hunters in their camp or cabin, hunting and going to local villiges/cities.)

AAIAdventurers (Real time adventureres will risk their life by adventuring skyrims wilderness or caves. Occasionally stopping in cities.)

AAIExplorers (Real time explorers creating maps for archologists and guards)

AAITravelers (Real time Travelers from Atmora, Akivir and all other places of the world.)

AAITreasureHunters (Real time Treasure Hunters live to find treasure in the deepest dungeons.)

AAIArchologists (Real time Archologists study the dwemer ruins, old tombs or dragon walls)

AAI Warlords (Real time Warlords of great bandit or maraduer groups fighting other bandits for power. and even raiding cities.)

AAI - More Creatures

AAIFalmer(Falmer will have a leader either a Chief or a Witch Doctor deep down in dwemer ruins. They will fight other Falmer who occupy the ruin if their leader is killed they will run away and disperse.)

AAIWolfs (The wolfs have dens a Alpha Wolf and Wolf pups, if the Alpha moves out either to hunt or to patrol his territory he will be accompanied by majority of the pack ranging from 6-20 wolfs. If the they are patrolling and happen to run into the player they will not attack, however if the player gets to close to their den they will attack.

Normal wolfs are now rogue wolfs that are commonly seen in Skyrim and generally attack player on sight because they see you as a threat and will remove the threat in their path to reassure safety. Rogue wolfs were kicked out from the main packs, around 9 total in Skyrim)

AAIDragons (while still keeping true to the non scripted dragons is a real cookie with this because I now really have no idea what they will do. They may make a nest, relax, sleep, hunt, terrorize a village or even siege a city.)

AAIHorkers ( instead of being mindless beasts there will now be young horkers, horker pups, horker females and horker dominate males. The dominate males have a female and may be challenged by a young horker. Horkers will migrate to different shores.)

AAISabercats (The sabrecat is a solitary animal. And will patrol it's den it currently lives in, they may decide to move to another one and fight its current inhabitant the loser will not die but run away.)

AAIBears - Unspecified at this time

AAIDeer

The Deer herds of Skyrim can range from 5-14 deer, and migrate pretty much all over Skyrim. There will only spawn once and will carry out their instincts from then on. If any member of the herd is killed they will not respawn they will only respawn if the whole herd is killed.

AAISlaughterfish -Unspecified, may be similar to piranha feeding frenzy's.

AAITrolls -Unspecified

AAIGiants -Unspecified

AAIMammoths -Unspecified

Wolf dens

Fox dens

Rabbit holes

Troll caves

If your at the edge of your seat then your just going to wait a little bit longer (still a work in progress making it stable and ultimately polished for release) Feb 20 is the expected release date.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them for you. ;)

I am a solo or freelance modder so I dont work with any team I will be working on updates after relese and will not abandon.

Thanks for reading this topic your support is much apprictated

Here's to Skyrim!

-SpiderAkiraC

Edited by SpiderAkiraC

Hi.

I just came over from my topic, NPC Addiction, and I really like what you're doing here. If you would like to include skooma addiction to your mod, I would be very pleased.

If I can help in any way just ask. If I'm capable, i will help, if I'm not, I won't lie to you. I'll tell you I can't.

I love your idea and intend to try it out as soon as you release it.

Thanks!!

Will do moxica I can defiantly get people to pick up food and keep for them selfs though the addiction is interesting, great idea I may have to make it a separate mod or an add on to mime. ;)

This sounds pretty interesting, right now I'm using those mods you are talking about :P , well right now I have some questions, first: how many npc's are you adding per city?. Are you adding them to the lesser villages like Riverwood or Ivarstead? and the last one: They can give you radiant quest?, right now those are my questions thanks to making this mod, I almost forgot, do you have an estimated time to release the mod?. Again this is promising I will keep an eye here.

AblerichMX

I am adding around 40 Npcs per city and around 15 to villages, there will be a performance friendly version adding only 20 npcs to cities and 8 to villages

no the Npcs do not give radiant quests but some do have dialogue so you can ask what are they doing or about them ,etc

a release date is not exact but sometime early spring (Late February, Early March)

Here's a small update on what you can expect to see or be added after release. (Early Spring)

Possible Guild's (not yet joinable by player)

Imperial legion Academy

Trains any race from childhood to become a skillful warrior and educated with the best knowledge of Tamriel

Was mainly built so that graduates would keep the civil war at bay.

Guild of arcane arts

A altmer only guild devoted to the the arts of Restoration, Alteration, Mysticism, Illusion

Member bonus

Res +20

Alt +20

Mys +20

I'll +20

Warriors Guild

A nord only guild trains nord children till the age of 18 to be A brut warrior or a skillful archer each of the classes are train in one handed, two handed and ranged weapons. They also have good knowledge of armour and blacksmithing.

Guild members get bonus

Heavy armour +15

Light armour +10

One handed +20

Two handed +25

Archery +15

Blacksmithing +15

Void Guild

Specializes in Destruction, Conjuration and Illusion

Theis guild does allow necromancy but only under supervision of a high ranked member all members of the guild sign a vow to not use the art of necromancy or black magic for evil purposes only in interest and self defence.

Members that break the vow are hunted down by the guilds elite Battle mages and arrested or killed.

Member bonus

Des +20

Con +25

I'll +15

Dragon Knights

An order created by Bellrick Outar he is the orders High Knight

His order of 17 brave Knights are "Defenders of skyrims people" his party of 10 men patrol the roads near villages around skyrim. The other 7 members remain at their fortress near solitude. Bellrick created the order after he had single handedly killed a dragon (in a village)

Stomrclack agents

Imperial agents

Nord hunter

Atmoraian travellers

Akivir travellers

Guard scouts

tax collectors

alchemist's

maids

herders

more farmers

cloth makers

arrow smiths

armor smiths

weapon smiths

spies

Valkyries

witch doctors

monks

cut throats

looters

Acolytes

Brawlers

Seers

Sages

Spell cloak's

shadow casters

wardens

blade masters

witch knight

Workers

Priests

Pilgrims

Battlemages

more mages

rouges

rangers

thiefs

assassins

bar maids

scouts

vampire hunters

knights

bodyguards

thugs

traders

dealers

scholars

more hunters

more nobles

Prisoners

corrupt guards

cooks

chefs

explorers

investigators

grave keepers

shopper

Guards in inn's

Widows

Wounded soldiers at inns across skyrim

Npc's may get sick and goto a church or stay home

A random Npc within a city could be assassinated or murdered in their sleep

-Every Npc's package is unique

Unique Npc's (Followers, future quest Npc's or marryable)

Rivnee

Ravgar

Lorien

Alokin

Surima

Eemar

Tosvgir

Kovar

Any more name suggestions?

Edited by SpiderAkiraC

Thanks for the response.

If you can get NPC's to pick up food, I'm curious if it goes into their inventory. If it does, it seems likely that you've created a new way to poison NPC's in the style of the rice ball from Tenchu. If you've done that, don't worry about NPC addiction. I'd be so busy poisoning NPC's I wouldn't have to create junkies!

It would be the same as reverse pick pocket, do you think?

I'm following this mod. I'm already a big fan of the concept. Looking foreword to your progress!

Yes they will be able to pick up food if they choose to haha and since they don't despawn or respawn it will always stay in their inventory until they decide to eat it. And as an extra bonus I could create junkies that are so desperate for skooma they will ransack the markets and cause problem then being throwen in jail (somehow)

That's what stumps me getting Npc's in jail for crimes still working on that part

Update 2 for followers and trackers

I will be creating this mod in different stages so

More Npcs with Advanced AI WR (Whiterun), etc

Same goes for villages

once the mod is complete there will be the option to download all as a single file

Whiterun version will be out next week I will post another update then

so keep an eye you ;)

SpiderAkiraC