Vault Home (REQ)

Pantheress

Am seeing all these wonderful mods out there such as the Alice Bunker mod, Beautifully done, and beautifully mastered, However it is small for my tastes. Am hoping that someone with good scripting skills would like to try their hand at making a Vault fort player style home. Features am hoping to see are as follows:

Armory: Armory with computer terminal locking system that can lock and unlock the armory door, containing enough storage for any weapons and ammo found in game.

Bedroom: Master bedroom with queensize bed, wardrobe closet in mint condition, a desk, and a chair facing desk.

Kitchen: Nuka Cola Icebox, Oven, Countertops, Sink, Dining table, two chairs.

Toy Room: For all those teddybears and childrens toys found throughout game for those of us who play children characters and have child at heart perks. :P

Bathroom: Clean tub, Bathroom Sink, toilet, Maybe even a towel rack with towel?

Working light switch system that can be activated upon flicking a switch for each room if that is remotely possible.

Working outer door like on Vault 101 that has a personalized code and maybe a quest to get said code from maybe vault tech HQ?

Maybe a Pure water dispenser that dispenses pure waters in increments of four.

And anything else You may wish to add. Wouldn't mind a nice set of sleepwear laid upon the bed that looks clean unlike the nightwear in game.:)

I am glad I am not the only one who likes big places to roam and store things. To be honest I think the biggest problem would be scripting the items. I SUCK at scripting and am still trying to get the hang of the G.E.C.K. myself. To say the least it boggles me at times. Then again I was no genius with the TES editors either :P.

It would be sort of nice to script your companions to return there like Dogmeat does to vault 101 so say if you meet a variable where You have dogmeat, completed the quest to gain access to the Vault fortress homestead, then Dogmeat meets you there instead at 101. But that would require EXTENSIVE scripting If I understand the G.E.C.K. correctly. X.x

So far I have the basic layout of Vault 100 complete. I have the main entranceway, the Overseer's office, the gallery, an armory, two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a bathroom done. I will worry about the clutter later, for now I want to work on getting the door switches and locks working like you were saying.

I also have plans to make it part of a quest with a story that fits into the Fallout 3 universe. Underneath the Vault-Tec HQ there is a Vault that was designed for the High-Profile employees of Vault-Tec. There was an employee (no name yet) that worked for Vault-Tec who programmed the Vault's security systems. He was picked on by a lot of the other employees, so before the bombs dropped he locked himself inside the Vault. You can discover via notes hidden in the Vault-Tec HQ how to gain access to the Vault. And inside will be his terminal with his journal on it and you will be able to find out some more secrets from that.

Let me know what you think.

Wow, This dream is one that seems to be coming true quickly. I thank you with all my heart for working on the vault home. though one single question. Do the ghouls respawn? Because that would REALLY hurt if you run there to get away from enemies. Also I noticed something about Alice' bunker. You can't wait there at all :( So this would be something that would have to be toggled on somehow.

However the quest part sounds very interesting, maybe put the information in the super computer at Vault tech to make the player REALLY work for it? Also I think the only two doors that would need a code is the Main entrance Vault door, and the armory door.

Is it possible to add a medical with the medical equipment like what you get at Megaton house?

Possibly a Mr. Handy programmed to be a doctor and offer services? I mean Vault tech employees would have wanted only the best.

The vault entrance and the armory both have computer terminals to lock/unlock them. The codes for the terminals are hidden inside vault-tec via a series of notes and clues. The ghouls will not re-spawn. I haven't tried waiting yet, I will have to see what I can do about it. I will have some screenshots up within the next few days.

Got it. Thanks for that. I found the menu and made sure it was unchecked in my cell. The part I am working on right now is furnishings. I am trying to create an atmosphere that fits without over or under cluttering. Also I might have found out a way to do light switches, in a different way than planned.

The lights will be off in the entire vault. When you hit the switch to open a door and walk through the door a script will trigger the lights in the room and shut the door behind you. When you open the next door and walk through the lights will turn on in the new room and shut off in the previous room as the door shuts. What do you think?

Also, I think you might have a better understanding of how the armory should be furnished. It is a 4x3 room, how would you want it laid out?

Archived