Vault Home (REQ)

Pantheress

That would be one hell of an energy saver lighting system, too bad I don't have that in real life LOL. Also as my math SUCKS am not sure how big a 4x8 really is, though think that containers labeled for weapons, armor, misc, medicine, ect should do just fine.

Edit: Is it possible to create a 'purifier' That can take dirty water and purify it into 'pure water'? That way you could get the amenities of a vault like vault 101, cause it disturbs me that the toilet and sink water in Alice' vault radiates you when you drink it. Vaults are supposed to have water purification chips to purify the water, so why would the fountains etc. dispense radiated water?

Yah Containers work better for me because I suck at positioning things on shelves with the z button @.@

Though so far what you have told me you have done sounds like a dreamhome from heaven :P

Still curious as to what it looks like. Got goosebumps just waiting for screenies ^^

Edit: Did you ever figure out a name for the employee? If not how about Lloyd Mackey?

Yes. I have worked out quite an elaborate storyline, too.

Announcement: Vault 100

I put up an announcement on the main modding message board. But I'd prefer to keep tidbits about its development off that post as to not spoil any of the surprises. That is why I have been keeping our brainstorming over here.

What do you think about the entrance? If you turn around it looks just like the Vault 101 entrance with the wooden gate at the top of a slope. I wasn't sure what to do with it so I just mimicked Vault 101. Do you think I should change it to something different? Since you are coming from inside Vault-Tec HQ maybe it should just be cement walls all the way down. But then again, according to the story, they didn't have time to fully complete it.

Bounce some ideas off of me.

EDIT: Sorry I missed that previous edit of yours. The water in the Vault is purified. I am still working on something to generate Purified water bottles. So far all I can get done is bring empty Nuka-Cola bottles to a water basin and it will trade them for a Purified Water bottle.

Well to be honest I am not sure the wooden slat door would be realistic with the vault being under Vaultech HQ. Maybe replacing it with a slide door like you would find in sewers? Mayhaps a sewer entrance style instead of rock?

And as far as purified water bottles is concerned I was thinking more along the lines of purified water from toilets, sinks, and fountains but that definitely puts a use to all those damn empty nuka cola bottles laying around ingame :)

Edit: Also seems that the files section is having problems, keep getting IPS drive error screen of doom X.x

Also just got through looking at the announcement you posted. LOVE the way you did the quest portion and how you integrated it into Fallout 3 with flawless detail. Am still trying to figure out where crap for building vaults is on the G.E.C.K. myself v.v

That is exactly how I felt. I would feel like I was being lazy if I left it as the wooden door. I will look into a different entrance. Do you remember if any of the over Vaults in the game had a different entrance to them? For some reason I can't recall.

Yes all the sinks and toilets and fountains are purified. Tomorrow I might look into editing the water bottle model and adding an empty water bottle to the random junk files. That way along with empty Nuka-Cola you will find empty water bottles. Or perhaps...I don't know if this is possible I am just throwing the idea out here: re-usable water canteen. It can hold three or four drinks worth of pure water (be used 3 to 4 times) and then it has to be refilled.

I also saw the IPS drive error, too bad.

I've never messed around with modding before, it always seemed too difficult. I watched the videos Beth Soft uploaded on youtube, and followed along with them on my G.E.C.K., that made a huge difference. For the rest of the things that they don't teach, I simply look at and edit existing scripts and files to see how they work so I can implement them into my mod. Reverse engineering of sorts.

As far as I can remember all the vaults have that damn wooden door. However Vault 112 where you got to get your Father has a sewer entrance door under the garage. Problem is how do we get a sewer tunnel look there without replacing the main door of the vault? This I am unsure of, but I know that Vault 112 is the only one without the wooden door. Used TGM to check out vault 87's door entrance and it too is wooden slats. Never understood why they would use wooden slats instead of a double sealed door, sorta like use the cave section as a decontamination point before entering the bloody vault X.x Instead now when you go to a vault door you let radiation in every time you open the bloody door if you really think about it.

Edit: as far as the water canteen, Those should have been put in the game in the first place :P I mean Come ON! Plastic water bottles survived SEARING heat blasts from the nukes so why wouldn't a canteen? Though I do believe the Canteen would be a Tremendous Asset to anyone using a realism mod that requires you to eat or drink often in game. Just now sure how easy it would be to add something like that, Your talking about adding an item that just doesn't exists yet and will need textures, meshes, and whole new scripts to run. And there is no guarantee that the game could support such a script but would be one hell of an asset in the game. Biggest problem is the bums in game, Would have to make sure that they do NOT take the canteen. They may never give it back :P

The sewer door! That will work out just fine. It also reminded me to add the second exit. This way you do not need to enter the Vault-Tec HQ every time you want to go to your home. You simply will fast travel to Vault-Tec HQ, and there will be a special sewer entrance to your Vault that will become available to use at the end of the quest.

I looked at Vault 112's entrance and it should work out fine. A lot better than Vault 101's entrance. It shouldn't be difficult to implement this into my Vault.

EDIT: Whoops, I double posted.

If the canteen could be created, when you chose to give the homeless guy water it would just move your canteen down a notch. If your canteen was empty, it would react as if you had no water anyway. But I do agree it is going to be difficult to create, although well worth the effort.

It would be indeed worth the effort on the Canteen especially with RI needs mod that requires you to eat, drink, and sleep frequently. Although not sure how one would take the entrance to Vault 112 and add it to this vault without removing the Large Vault door which I like myself. Though loud and obnoxious it Is aesthetically pleasing since it creates an atmosphere of a sealed vault :P

Archived