Vault Home (REQ)

Pantheress

I was able to add the sewer entrance AND keep the Large Vault door. Check it out...

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1837/89/115/1050779334/n1050779334_250029_6553.jpg

The Vault 100 Entrance Gear Door

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1837/89/115/1050779334/n1050779334_250031_5942.jpg

The door to Vault-Tec HQ, go down the steps to find the Gear Door and...

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1837/89/115/1050779334/n1050779334_250028_6325.jpg

Behind this door off to the side is a ladder which goes to the surface. The door is locked, of course.

What do you think? I believe this is MUCH better than how I originally had it.

I'm glad you like it. It is definitely keeping me motivated to know what I'm making is decent.

New but dusty. I used the same interior pieces and textures as Vault 101 and Vault 112 since they were the only two Vaults available that were in decent condition. I am having a hard time with decorating. I can't keep my attention on it for too long. I'll get distracted and start scripting new things. I'm trying to maintain an attention to detail.

Also on the interior in the Master Bedroom I am working on having windows that overlook fake landscapes. To give you a feeling that you're not really buried underground.

@.@ artificial scenery. Sweet! maybe a forested scene from pre-war era, the city scene would drive me nuts personally :P Can't help being a country bumpkin.

Edit: As far as decorating, am sure basics would work just fine to be honest. And if someone wants to add more things they could always use the G.E.C.K. to add more furniture etc.

I didn't get a chance to work on it today. I like the idea about the item clean up/sorting script. I'm a novice at scripting, but I need to find a list of all the script commands and variables and how to format it for the GECK. I suppose I will just have to reverse engineer the other scripts and figure it out from them.

But that is a nicety and won't be included in my mod. At least not right away. I just want to complete the mod so everyone can enjoy it as much as I am. Before I officially release it I am going to run it through Pantheress to see if it is up to the standards we started with. I have to get some rest now, but after work tomorrow I will be working on it hardcore.

Another thing I have noticed is that most the new mods companions cannot follow. They almost always are outside when you leave but they don't enter or follow you into the new buildings. Am not sure how you would go about fixing this but maybe you could figure out what allows the companions to follow?

WOOT! Sucks going home and realizing your companions would rather sleep out in the glowing rain >.>

Edit: I would say if You feel it is ready for initial release then release it. Feedback on it would help eliminate any bugs that may have been missed or provide insight into what other players would like to see in their home :)

After two days off from working on it and working on my actual job, I finally got a moment to sit down and do some more work on the mod. I am in the process of moving, so just about everything is packed. Everything except for my computer, of course. http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1837/89/115/1050779334/n1050779334_252508_9453.jpg

I made a big discovery with scripting today. I also discovered that I never actually created the quest for the Vault. So right now I am going to go back through and fix all the quest items by adding the quest scripts to them.

Archived