Req. Conventional Weapons

SecondxPlace

I'm just curious why there happens do be so much animosity against requests for modernized conventional weapons such as the m16, m14, g36 etc. I realize that they don't fit cannon, as we're supposed to stick to the 50's, (more or less) but I personally don't like energy weapons, or too many old rifles, and it would be really awesome to have more options than an ak, g3a3 and FNfal. If anyone is working on any of these could you please answer, I'm holding my breath here waiting for something, and I'd rather not do so in vain. Thanks.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just curious why there happens do be so much animosity against requests for modernized conventional weapons such as the m16, m14, g36 etc. I realize that they don't fit cannon, as we're supposed to stick to the 50's, (more or less) but I personally don't like energy weapons, or too many old rifles, and it would be really awesome to have more options than an ak, g3a3 and FNfal. If anyone is working on any of these could you please answer, I'm holding my breath here waiting for something, and I'd rather not do so in vain. Thanks.

Actually, the M16 was being developed in the 50's, the Fn Fal was made right after WWII, the AK47was made in 1947, and the G3 was also made right after WWII.

I know that much, but that's not the point. Requests for say an m4a1 or g36 seem to get dropped cold, and I can't figure out why there seems to be little to no interest. Especially since something like the barrett .50 get's 17 pages and that wasn't developed until the mid 90's. (I think)

I know that much, but that's not the point. Requests for say an m4a1 or g36 seem to get dropped cold, and I can't figure out why there seems to be little to no interest. Especially since something like the barrett .50 get's 17 pages and that wasn't developed until the mid 90's. (I think)

I feel your pain about the M4, even though they had the M733 back in 'Nam (I think they did). I am helping Asonofashadow make one right now, and I have seen another model being developed in a Screenie earlier.

jesus, thank you, that's all I wanted to hear from somebody. My dream will finally come true, and I can gun down some muties with that beaut. Your a life saver brother.

When I say right now I don't mean "like at the moment I am typing this i am helping him". I mean I am in the process of doing it. But yeah, basically I wanted the M4a1 so much that I went out and contacted some people and asonofashadow said he would help.

I need a P90. Sorry, I have something with the P90... I think we need a P90 for Fallout3. I know it won't fit into the game though. I would worship someone as god if they made a p90 for this game.

It's not that I'm against modern weapons being included in this game, I just don't want them to look like modern weapons, if that makes sense. I don't care how well-maintained a weapon is, after two hundred years there is going to be some wear-and-tear on it, and that's assuming it's used sparingly and taken care of! Almost any guns left over in the Fallout world would be beaten to hell and back by two hundred years of use in an incredibly hostile, dirty, dangerous environment, most likely with little-to-no regular maintenance.

So I'm not against a G36, M16, or any other such weapon being added into the game, just please keep in mind the environments these guns have been in for the past two hundred years when modeling and texturing them! Seeing somebody in worn out homemade clothes living out of a bombed out apartment building in the radioactive wastelands of Washington DC sporting a shiny new desert eagle just trashes the immersion for me.

Actually, the M14 would fit perfectly. It's basically a full-auto M1 Garand with 20 round removable box magazines and it looks similar to the in-game G3. It even has a wood stock.

http://www.vietnamwar-guns.com/shop/images/tmm14_1_jpg_0509_260.jpg

Although a modern odd-ball I'd like to see put in, that also has a bit of the look and feel of fallout, is the Wildey Magnum. Any chambering would do, maybe it could even replace the Blackhawk...

http://www.roger-raymond.tmfweb.nl/wildey.jpg

Archived