Ok so mod limit is around 140

mewfii

Ok so what if I jacked up my game to have more then 140 loaded and less then that actually activated...will I be able to add more mods if I have around 140 mods merged into one mod file, and can I have more then one merged mod file with around 140 mods for each of them?

Let just say, I use NMM with NVSE(/W)4GFONV and I have a pretty powerful computer...

I was having problems before, still using Fomm, now I'm using NMM...but still using Boss and FONVEDIT...FONVEDIT, I don't "undelete" or "disable" or "Remove identical to masters", that just screws with the program code and then I can't load saved games, so does verifying it with Steam...I also use FONVEDIT to help the sort order where Boss fails...you see, when it's loading up the mods, if there is a mod that needs to go before or after another mod, it will stop it's process and crash...then I can look at the last line and fix the two conflicting mods...then keep doing it until it all loads...

• 4 weeks later...

You're talking about some pretty simple stuff I must say, but essential stuff at that. The FNVEdit cleaning features are fine one should clean all identical records aka dirty edits out of their esps so the games not loading the same records twice or many more times.

You can merge 140 mods into one - IF you know what your doing. Checking each mod first and knowing a mods entire content + CLEANING each one before merging, which is good practice, then merging them is common practice and really needs to be done if you don't want to exceed the MAGICAL 140 MOD LIMIT - that's right you can only have a max of 140 mods or if your lucky your system might let you have a little more, like mine, 175.

All it takes is much patience and knowledge of your plugins.