WANTED: Far-out quest ideas

k1ngk1LL

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to modding (ok maybe just plain new). I've only uploaded one file so far, shameless plug in 3...,2...,1- Shameless Plug. Anyway, with the release of the G.E.C.K. I feel confident that if given a goal to reach for, no matter how ambitious, I will reach it. I've also been pursuing a career in the industry for some years now, though I'm not sure of my ideal path to follow within it. So, I could blah blah blah all day long, but wouldn't accomplish anything in this case.

SKIP HERE TO CUT THE B.S.- Basically, I'm looking for any and all ideas for quests almost no matter how outlandish. It could be a full blown out quest idea or just a little something to get the ball rolling. I only have two constraints:

1)Try to keep it reasonably canon. I hold no allegiance to the canon personally, but I'd also rather not have the hero collecting Tri-force pieces and receiving the Master Sword as a reward as cool as that would be. Although if it strays just a litttle from it, but is too good to pass up- I'll deal.

2)- Nothing that may involve scripting if you can help it. Coding is the only thing that really scares me. If your idea does have this requirement for whatever reason and yours happens to be the one I run with, I may have to cut or downsize that area of the mod to something that isn't scary :ohmy:. Anyway, uhm guess that's it, thanks everyone for your time and ideas.

Mayhaps one could venture forth and encounter a few lost BoS soldiers who seek the "Holy Grail". Seeing as this quest was not thoroughly implemented in Fallout 2, it would only make it fair to give the quest its dues and put in Fallout 3. If anyone does not know, the "Holy Grail" encounter in Fallout 2 was a random encounter in which a group of Brotherhood Soldiers gave the player the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch". It was a very powerful grenade, enough to kill several people with one throw, but would cause the game to crash when used.

Getting straight to the point, it would be nice to include that and a whole plot and resolution to the quest, such as the Holy Hand Grenade would actually be a key to some sealed-off facility near some ruins, and inside the player would have to fight off Black Beasts of Aaaargh (Ghouls or Deathclaws) to claim the holy grail, which could or could not be a macguffin item. After retrieving the grail and giving it to the soldiers who would have taken up refuge in Megaton, or its ruins, had you destroyed it (you evil person you), they would thank you generously by giving you either a rare weapon, armor, or a swallow with coconuts. The swallow could be anything you want. Then the soldiers are immediately seized by the enclave after a firefight from which you are excluded and whisked away for questioning. I think this would be an awesome quest to undertake.

:thanks: to mahahkambaha, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. That's really weird too 'cause I had actually considered making a Python quest but wasn't sure how it could be executed. Also, Ive recently bought the 16 tonne mega-collection of the entire Flying Circus plus the Live shows :teehee: I've never played the other 2 games and so had no idea a quest like that existed. Btw, was the game designed to crash upon using grenade? or was it a happy accident? That may be really fun to make too 'cause one could fill it with all kinds of easter eggs from the movie and some references to the Flying Circus.

Great start, and like I said

It could be a full blown out quest idea or just a little something to get the ball rolling.
And, of course, I'll be sure to throw some credit/kudos your way in case I get famous :P

right, heres my idea:

In fallout 2 i loved becoming a prize fighter in the boxing matches in New Reno. Now there were plenty of ways to cheat in the match like stealing the end bosses gloves which had steel plates in to replace with your own, drugging the opposition.

What i think would be good is in a town like rivet city, there is a underground bear knuckle boxing match that you can elect to take part in and bet on yourself. You would have to go in completely unarmoured and unarmed and have a punch up with some poor shlub while jeering spectators shout and yell. Being unarmoured would make the fight more dependant on level and peronal skill in the fight. after about 5 of these fights ending in a boss (maybe a mutant), someone sends you to another place, i dunno, paradice falls for another brand of match. Getting there, its another of the same, only with melee weapons, maybe knives or hammers maybe some pre set equipment. 5 of these plus a boss later, you qualify for armoured version. 5 of these plus a boss etc, then you could be sent somewhere else for a small arms match. and so on and so forth finally ending in a Behemoth that you have to solo. Each of the bosses could have some special way to defeat them if you want the bad karma, like stealing the small arms boss's gun and replacing it with a version that has low condition so it doesnt work, or putting a drugged corpse in the behemoths pen so it moves half as quick and prefurs to spend the fight stumbling around look bewildered.

Betting more and more on yourself would earn you a fair bit of cash, but not without risk. Death would not mean death (unless on the boss's whos pride would only allow them to fight in death matches). You would just wake up a couple of hours later with a little less cash and alot less health and pride.

Final prize might be a Behemoth head that you could mount in your house or a trophy.

What you think?

duncanlambert, thanks to you too. btw, bump... this could birth some good ideas for others more skilled than I to use. so keep'em coming don't be shy.

Ok, i got sumthin' completely canon for ya':(this will be a random kinda thing) You hear a massive explosion from above you look up to see a massive fireball streaking toward the horizon idk. . .maybe somewhere in the northern part of the map. . .i hope you see were this is going (aliens :wink: ") well you get there only to find a huge gunfight between three different factions: BoS, Enclave, and the Aliens themselves. You can choose to help any of the factions, save the Enclave, cuz c'mon who would help the guys that have been shootin at you the entire second half of the game. . .and why would they want your help now anyway, those elitist pricks. But anyway helping one faction results in a reward from that faction, or rather rewards. . .a set of super-experimental armor and weapon from the BoS or a set of outdated armor and weapon from the Aliens (which would have course be above cutting edge by human standards). . .would require a new race or creature for the aliens and new meshes and texes for the new armors and weaps. Hope you like.

Ok, i got sumthin' completely canon for ya':(this will be a random kinda thing) You hear a massive explosion from above you look up to see a massive fireball streaking toward the horizon idk. . .maybe somewhere in the northern part of the map. . .i hope you see were this is going (aliens :wink: ") well you get there only to find a huge gunfight between three different factions: BoS, Enclave, and the Aliens themselves. You can choose to help any of the factions, save the Enclave, cuz c'mon who would help the guys that have been shootin at you the entire second half of the game. . .and why would they want your help now anyway, those elitist pricks. But anyway helping one faction results in a reward from that faction, or rather rewards. . .a set of super-experimental armor and weapon from the BoS or a set of outdated armor and weapon from the Aliens (which would have course be above cutting edge by human standards). . .would require a new race or creature for the aliens and new meshes and texes for the new armors and weaps. Hope you like.

I really like this one. The thought of exploring an alien ship that a modder designed excites me. It would be like crawling my way through the imagination of one of you.

Ok, i got sumthin' completely canon for ya':(this will be a random kinda thing) You hear a massive explosion from above you look up to see a massive fireball streaking toward the horizon idk. . .maybe somewhere in the northern part of the map. . .i hope you see were this is going (aliens wink.gif ") well you get there only to find a huge gunfight between three different factions: BoS, Enclave, and the Aliens themselves. You can choose to help any of the factions, save the Enclave, cuz c'mon who would help the guys that have been shootin at you the entire second half of the game. . .and why would they want your help now anyway, those elitist pricks. But anyway helping one faction results in a reward from that faction, or rather rewards. . .a set of super-experimental armor and weapon from the BoS or a set of outdated armor and weapon from the Aliens (which would have course be above cutting edge by human standards). . .would require a new race or creature for the aliens and new meshes and texes for the new armors and weaps. Hope you like.

do you need to spoiler stuff in the modding threads?

very early in my game i went up north and started heading west along the northern most i could get anyways what you just described did indeed happen expect i only seen a trail of smoke so i went looking and found a crashed ship and some goodies so this would be the perfect spot since its already ingame all you'd need to do is reanimate the alien mesh and throw in your battle.

that should make it a bit easier to do.

Archived