City of Scum

nightinglae850

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A combination of ships might be good, but I would try to avoid a 'pirates of the carribean' feel to this place. After all we are in the equivalent of Scandinavia, and it would feel a little immersion breaking to suddenly change climate/imagery/theoretical period etc in such a drastic way.

Yea i see what you mean, pirates are a bigger focus here because they were underused in skyrim. Besides the blood horkers there isnt a lot of them even tho people talk about them. This wont be all about pirates but about 25% i would say. You could say they are at our city trading and drinking rather than in Skyrim.

Nice work hatter but muppetpuppet hasnt been on for months to give permission to use it

Aye, permission is definitely a must. Hatter, you can send your files to [email protected], under the subject "resources (resource name)" or similar subject. Your work is much appreciated.

I have made a breakthrough in the mod which has been holding me back for some time now; This weekend and the following weeks, TheSkoomaKing and I should be able to get a lot done.

Edit: @deMaccusweil - Worry not, this is going to be located in the Sea of Ghosts (actually it's currently in its own worldspace) in Skyrim, and will therefore have heavy Skyrim cultural influence. However, there will be pirates of all races which will affect things a bit. And 25% of the main island being pirates is about right, I'd say.

Edited by Xion209

@Xion209 are you planning on incorporating a few things from the Dragonborn DLC as well?

I started playing Dragonborn yesterday so I dont know if there are any new drinks, but those can be sold in the "Stolen Septim" tavern or whatever its gonna be called

and there could be an NPC called a Poacher that sells animal meat and furs to the bandits/theives, also for people that have the Realisitc Needs mod or Frostfall that use those things. and he can have 2 cages by him with a live Sabre Cat and Boar from dragonborn.

I don't have Dragonborn yet. I've actually not been playing Skyrim much this last month, been playing the Brytenwalda mod for M&B: Warband... again.

Here's the islands in the CK, with some texturing done and a pretty big building, to give a sense of scale.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5743/scumislandsck.png

I'll post in-game pics w/ lod sometime later.