remove master from ESP - how?

bitoolean

The Hunterborn - SkyTEST - SkyTEST Dragonborn compatibility patch (its own mod page) has all those three files declared as masters (I think it's the term?). Can I just remove the master reference to SkyTEST Dragonborn, since it seems to have been incorporated into the main SkyTEST file (the SkyTEST Dragonborn patch has been moved to the "old files" category on SkyTEST's downloads page), yet keep the compatibility the patch applies on the DLC animals SkyTEST modifies too?

Would I just need to download TES5Edit and remove a master reference from it?

I realize the compatibility patch might be older and not fully working with the latest SkyTEST anymore.

Edited by bitoolean

Now there's another mod I'd have to do this for - the Realistic Needs and Diseases mod has the old Unofficial Skyrim Patch as master. I think that's been replaced by the Legendary Edition one? So I need to remove/replace that as master too. Or maybe I'll just install the old patch and let the Legendary patch override it. Doesn't this issue deserve a sticky anywhere? Hope I'm getting that word, sticky, right. It would be funny otherwise.

Update: someone fortunately made a merged (single plugin ESP file) RND compatible with USLEEP including the optional patches. I don't know how I missed it the first time. So I don't need to update RND anymore, it's already been done.

Edited by bitoolean

Update: found an older thread suggesting a USP to USLEEP master switcher (it's available as a download), but it only works if you already have the USP plugin, which is no longer available for download. Someone commented the xEdit scripts worked with a dummy plugin file (a copy of USLEEP renamed to the USP file name), but I'm not sure that means the scripts are doing their job correctly.