[REQ] Vault 92 switch

Jacen007

Now that the GECK is released, would someone mind adding a few switches that will enable the player to raise the overseer's desk in Vault 92?

There already is a set of stairs and a piece of hallway beneath it, but no way to reach them. (the stairs lead to the room behind the blocked door in the sound testing area)

Basically, I'd like to request one switch on the inside of the desk (or by means of the terminal in the office), and one in the hallway below...

Since nobody volunteered... I've done it myself :P

I added 2 new menu items to the overseer's terminal, 1 saying "Open secondary passage" and the other "Close secondary passage", obviously.... :rolleyes:

Then I set up the parent and child relations, and it all works, but I'm having a small problem when I try to get it set up in such a way that only 1 of the 2 lines shows at a time, depending on the state of the desk...

From what I gathered I have to set "Item Conditions" which have to be met.

So I set: GetOpenState==0, for the first option and GetOpenstate==1 for the second and selected the desk each time via the render window.

Problem is, now none of the new options shows up, which must be related to the conditions...

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Did you make sure to have it in the script that the linked ref is getting the open state?

LinkedRef.GetOpenState (Off the top of my head)

That might be the problem, but I'm unsure how to fix that...

But if that is the problem, then why does it work if leave out the conditions...?

Never mind, took some tinkering but I've got it :D

In hindsight it was ridiculously easy... quick summery for those who may be interested:

-Make both the terminal and the desk persistent references.

-Give the desk a name, I used V92OverseerDesk

-Edit the Base of the terminal, and add a new menu item. Fill in the text area's. I used 1 saying "Open secondary passage" and "Processing Command..."

- Place the following text in the "Item result script" field: V92OverseerDesk.SetOpenState 1

- Make a new condition, use GetOpenState NONE == 1, Reference from render, and double click on the desk.

(Same thing for the close option, but with SetOpenState 0 and GetOpenState==3)

(You do not need to set parent and child relations!)

Archived