Initial mod downloads are incomplete. Multiple attempts required

ThD17gj692

This is feedback. Nexus is a great site, but some strange things have been happening lately.

For about ten days almost every (about 70% or higher) mod I try to download is truncated and I have to request to download the file again; often two more attempts are necessary. Of course this could be a problem with my ISP, but thought it should be reported in case others are having the same problem. Another peculiarity has been occurring sporadically for months. Even though I'm logged in, when I try to open a mod page in a new tab, I get an error message requesting me to log in. This seems to occur most frequently when trying to open an "adult" designated mod page (can't say if it happens exclusively for "adult mods, but it may). The frequency of this happening is low, maybe two or three times a month, so would not have reported it if wasn't also reporting the interrupted file downloads.

Thanks for listening

Even though I'm logged in, when I try to open a mod page in a new tab, I get an error message requesting me to log in. This seems to occur most frequently when trying to open an "adult" designated mod page (can't say if it happens exclusively for "adult mods, but it may). The frequency of this happening is low, maybe two or three times a month, so would not have reported it if wasn't also reporting the interrupted file downloads.

Thanks for listening

Does this happen to you on every Nexus site? I've been thinking about reporting it in the Tracker because it happens to me very frequently (several times a week) and, very inconveniently, only on the site where I have an adult tagged mod. What happens to me is I come onto the site, I'm partially logged in at the top (my notifications thingie is gone), and the site doesn't let me see my mod (or any adult mods; they disappear from the top mods list), comment, etc because I'm not actually "all the way" logged in. Logging in/out doesn't seem to solve the problem. However, when I'm having the issue (it's happening right now on NV) I'm fine on Skyrim, Oblivion, FO3, etc. It's only on the site I need access on that it's a problem :teehee:

Same stuff happening to me and been like that for a week, login issues, multiple download attempts and only here on Skyrim Nexus. I hope they are fixing whatever is broken because if its like this when Dragonborn comes out you wont be able to touch this place with a 10 foot pole.