Missing textures HELP%#$#@

ryanthayer

Im a new modder. i use the fo3 archive utility to open up the .bsa files to edit textures, meshes and what not..

well its worked fine up until i went looking for meshes for the merc gear.. any of the merc gear to be exact. its not in any of the files that i have opend. if any one knows where i go to find say the merc grunt gear ( basically a t-shirt and jeans) or the merc trouble maker gear please please please help me out.. thanks again :D

Well... not all the files for the items are named like the items. That's your problem. :)

If you quickly want to know what files you need to reskin/replace meshes, open the GECK and search for the item you want to give a makeover and check the entry under "Biped Model". This will be the name of the files in FOMM using the BSA extractor.

For instance, the outfits you are talking about are called "OutfitMercX" (X a numerical, each denoting a different ouffit) however the files themselves are called "WastelandClothing0X" in FOMM. In your specific example, the "Merc Grunt Outfit" can be found under "Armour\Wastelandclothing05\OutfitM.dds" and other files using the same format.

Hope this helps you find what you need.

Archived